Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was browsing the items for sale today when i saw this thread
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=301642
advertising Splitty Cyclops roof lights for £250 each... now i noiced a number of people intrested... me included.... but they are not actualy designed for a splittys and are light pods from 1940 chevy's and are on sale on ebay quite often for about £20/30 each..... which i quickly informed the seller and potentual buyers of by a quick post.... i check the thread later to find that my post has been REMOVED and the thread locked... my question is WHY?? i dont begrudge anyone making a few quid here and there but im a little concerned that my post has been removed by a moderator and i have been silenced so as to dupe the intrested partys out of there 250 quids for something that they could get on ebay for drasticaly less... ????

sorry if iv'e got the wrong end of the stick but i dont understand why this would be done other than to shut me up??

G

·
:confused: :confused:

I would've thought you have done some people a favour. Not all of us have £2-300 to spend on a light.

Strange.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rossy boy said:
:confused: :confused:

I would've thought you have done some people a favour. Not all of us have £2-300 to spend on a light.

Strange.
my point exactly.... why is a mod helping someone on here potentualy rip others off..... maby ripping others off is too strong a word as he was entitled to sell them for what ever he sees fit but to stop me informing people of where they can get them cheeper i feel is unfare and underhand??

·
Banned
597 Posts
I'm a mod on a few forums, and I found this in my email box one day. I will add stars to cancel out the rude words....

"Dear S**thead

I noticed that you banned be for 4 whole f**king days! I think you're a f**king tard, and should go and screw yoursef in your little f**ny. If my account is not re-opened within 2 days, I will hunt you down, and make you suffer a slow and painful death.

Yours
Grim."

What a bum :crazy: :incheek:

G

·
Matt Black. said:
my point exactly.... why is a mod helping someone on here potentualy rip others off..... maby ripping others off is too strong a word as he was entitled to sell them for what ever he sees fit but to stop me informing people of where they can get them cheeper i feel is unfare and underhand??
I'd go along with that. A lot of back rubbing goes on on this site :rolleyes:

I'm not saying either that matey is ripping people off, lets face it if we can make money on something we would usually try to. But whats wrong with trying to help others out?

Have you contacted a mod to find out what the reason is?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:confused:
Hendrixmaster said:
I'm a mod on a few forums, and I found this in my email box one day. I will add stars to cancel out the rude words....

"Dear S**thead

I noticed that you banned be for 4 whole f**king days! I think you're a f**king tard, and should go and screw yoursef in your little f**ny. If my account is not re-opened within 2 days, I will hunt you down, and make you suffer a slow and painful death.

Yours
Grim."

What a bum :crazy: :incheek:
:confused:
dont realy understand mate? hopefully i wont be bannd for asking for an explination?? but if i suddenly go silent you know why ...:D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brian Burrows said:
I'm guessing your posts were 'weeded out' of the original thread because (as per the sticky/announcement in 'Classifieds') . . . hassling folk on 'For Sale' threads isn't on.

I'm also guessing that the thread starter requested the 'lock'

Just educated guesses as I wasn't involved personally . . . but I know how it works ;)

Hope this clears things up

Bri
:hangloose
i wasnt hasstling i just said from memory:

as far as i know these where never actualy produced for use on splittys they are from 40's chevy's and you can pick them up on ebay for about £20-30 but normaly from usa obviously so postage would be costlyish, id be intrested in one but at a better price......

hows that hassling??

·
Banned
597 Posts
We have a rouge mod on the loose .... oh dear!

Better call in re-enforcements!!

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
Matt Black

It wasn't me who deleted your post but:

You don't have the right to post comments like that on a for sale thread. Even if you have a good point.

If you see what you think is a problem you report it and we look into it.

·
Banned
597 Posts
as I was a mod, and someone said send an email.. I said, look at an email I received! :incheek:

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
Rossy boy said:
Where has wiltsteve's reply gone?

Things are disappearing all over the place :eek:
this is not the reply you are looking for...

...move along.

!

:D

G

·
Brian Burrows said:
PISS OFF! :mad:

I was gonna type a long "everyone's threads are treated with the same guidelines" type reply

But you know what? . . . I'm getting more than a little pissed off with unfounded, uncalled for, snide comments about this site . . . :(

You don't like the way it's run . . . just DO ONE!

I won't miss you
Fuck you buddy! The feelings mutual :mad:

blah blah blah :rolleyes:

·
Banned
597 Posts
ok, my bad. But I understood it :hangloose

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Too much testosterone flying about chaps, lets all letch over these cuties and chill out..... woops, this pic will prob get moved to Adult section now. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
peelo said:
It wasn't me who deleted your post but:

You don't have the right to post comments like that on a for sale thread.

If you see what you think is a problem you report it and we look into it.
ok i was unaware... next time i see you getting taken for £200 i'll keep stum...

anyway i supose i got what i was trying to say across:

if you need a splitty roof top spot light they are from 1940's Chevys save yourself £200 and get them off ebay and not from here.... and if you give a fuck about people getting ripped off spread the word.... just dont spread it on VZI as its not fair to the seller.

save 450 and buy these two.... i'll even have one off you :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.