Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss has just told me that there is a surplus of money which needs to be spent and has asked me what I think we should buy, and before anyone starts suggesting porche engines for my van, it must be IT related, and must be able to be passed off as needed to develope our course (I work at a university)

I have just got them to buy me a macbook so that is off the list.

So far I have got

Ipod touch (For podcasting ;) )
500Gb usb drive for backing up my PC
24 Laptops for student use
3 x NAS Drives

Can anyone suggest anything else I should try put forward as something that I need?:D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
colour laser printer.

brace of widescreen TFT monitors

ram upgrades for all machines

dvd re-writers for all machines

usb memory keys

nice optical mice

and so on :)
Monitors are a good shout as I'm already running a dual screen setup but only 2 x 17". Was thinking of maybe a 28" job but thought that might be pushing it.

Don't really need RAM upgrades for our machines as I have only just got mine which already has 4gigs and the other staff all have 1 gig as standard now which is plenty for simple office apps and stuff.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and you work where??? The Field of I.T Dreams?
Yes well you would think that. The great thing about the job is lots and lots of money available for equipment, hence I juist bought a macbook which I don't really need, just wanted to see what they were like as not used mac's before.

The down side is the wage. It's crap compared to other people doing the same job, So this is how I make it worth my while :D

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
how about one of those hugely powerful portable projectors that are supposed to give super clear images!!!

Very expensive, but portable for when you want to make good sporting use of your largest wall at home!!!!! :eek:

Might be good for teaching too but hopefully not once it's bought!!!!:rolleyes:

Fancy-bug

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how about one of those hugely powerful portable projectors that are supposed to give super clear images!!!

Very expensive, but portable for when you want to make good sporting use of your largest wall at home!!!!! :eek:

Might be good for teaching too but hopefully not once it's bought!!!!:rolleyes:

Fancy-bug
LOL

Used one of the projectors from work to watch the transformers dvd when I got it, Was much better than on my 19" wide screen monitor.

Maybe I can get some huge speakers!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
you can buy me a carputer with a 20gb hard drive so i dont need cd's while im drivin ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts