Made a bit more progress on the Motoconfort. I got hold of some hefty 26" alloy delivery bike rims and ordered some thick stainless spokes and laced them up. Never tried to do that before, but it´s not too painful, except on the fingers. The original wheels are 600A size, which only has a limited choice of tyres these days and I couldn´t be bothered to try and find new rims, so I used some decently wide E bike tyres that should give me a better ride, though it´s a hard tail, so it´s going to suck, no matter what. :lol:
26" MTB wheel versus original size...
They do just fit inside the original mudguards, but those are pretty much destroyed anyway - full of stress fractures and rust. I´ll get some new ones.
Quick mock up with the motor, to try and work out what needs to go where. I still need to get an exhaust and carb to figure out how much room there is.
A forum community dedicated to aircooled Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, restorations, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!