Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
More F***ing idots on Ebay... kite for sale Peter Lynn 3.8m

I am about to jump on a plane and come home and smack this p****

what is it with Ebay and the idiots that use it. I closed my account a while back beciause of idiots !!!

I saw an item with my wife we wanted ( I had posted up a question to kite users on here just before I bid on it about what to buy ... ) so we used her account to bid for it..

We won a Peter lynn kite for £96.91 just short of the going rate for a kite like this..

the seller then emailed to say he was up set it didn't go for more money and that he would LET ME KNOW IF HE WOULD COMPLETE the sale or not !!!!!:eek::eek: WHAT!!!!

we had paid for it on Paypal and as he then noticed we had paid for it he sent me another email saying that he has just checked the kite and found it damaged and he would refund us our money!!!!!!

I am so hopping mad

any one know this prick

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280191649477&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I sell stuff on flea bay, and I'm sure it says in the blurb that you get before you list you're item, that if the item sells, then you are entering into a contract with the buyer and the only way out of that contract is by MUTUAL agreement.
He's trying to put one over on you methinks.......deffo report him.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Defo report him and also threaten further action unless he releases the item to you.

Ebay gets on my nerves sometimes, i was looking at a pair of webers the other day and the seller put in his listing 'if i dont get bids of over £150 i will not sel'!! strikes me if you wanted a reserve you should pay for one. I was so tempted to bid cause they were dirt cheap! only thing that put me off was payment on collection and no postage!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
hi i would contact paypal to put hold on his account lol that will piss him off , then if he refunds you just neg him out on his feedback as he dont have any neg`s that will upset him even more lol what an arse ebay is getting worse these days

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
there are some proper idiots on there.i,ve currently got my splitty on there (needs must)its on here for 10kono ive had people offering me 5k.but this morning i,ve had an email asking me to lower my reserve the email looks all pucker with e bay rules n stuff but as we all know e-bay do not send mails like this,the thing is the reserve they say i,ve got isnt the one i have listed tried to email back but it just bounces.........back to me.TW*TS.

·
Registered
663 Posts
regards the lower your reserve price ive had a few of these come thru and i think they are ebay trying to suggest if you havent got any bids in the last 24 hrs or something they send you useless hints saying try and lower your reserve add more photos and stuff like that basicly trying to get you to spend more cash on the advert

·
Banned
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just had another reply from Knob jockey

I can have the kite with it's rip if I like... in other words I say yes he will rip it just to be a knob..

I am just going to come out with it and say how much are you looking for it... eg what was your reserve

total twat.. he still has my money at the moment..

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,403 Posts

I can have the kite with it's rip if I like... in other words I say yes he will rip it just to be a knob..

I am just going to come out with it and say how much are you looking for it... eg what was your reserve

I wouldn't bother and just ask for your dosh back.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

Ask for photos of the damaged kite and inform him that if he cant prove the item is actually damaged and hes not just trying to get out of the sale you'll report him to ebay...

Then hes got to rip it to send the photos, ergo he cant then sell it on again anyway so he's shooting himself in the foot and he has to refund you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
THIS MAKES ME THINK TWICE ABOUT BUYING A VAN OFF EBAY IM NEW TO EBAY AND HAVENT SET UP AN A COUNT YET DONT KNOW IF ILL BOTHER NOW I SHOULD BE IN THE MARKET IN ABOUT 7 MONTHS TO BUY MY CAMPER LIVING UP IN CUMBRIA I KNOW ILL HAVE TO DO SOME MILES TO FIND WOT I WONT

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had my 100% rating ruined because some idiot selling a pair of laces sent them to me via recorded delivery! (Yes for a £1.50 pair of laces) I never collected the package as I thought it was a copy of a letter from my insurance company that they faxed to me, so anyway I wrote to him a few weeks later asking for the laces and he told me what happened. His listing stated a delivery option of "First Class Post" at the top and hidden away at the bottom was a bit about recorded delivery. I asked him to post them out again and he wanted £2 to cover his costs! We exchanged about 5 emails and he didn't seem to understand that his listing was wrong and that a stamp only cost 30p - I offered him the full 79p I had in my paypal account but he insisted on the £2 so I sent a final email telling him to "Stick the laces up your arse and give the money to charity!" He gave me negative feedback and put something like "Sent abusive email to me" in the comment bit.

I've had several negative experiences with fleabay and paypal - did you know that you can only recover your money through paypal if the other user has money in their paypal account? All that crap about paypal being the safe way to pay for your purchases!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
My advice would be, don't bother with ebay.
EBays OK : you just have to exercise due caution as you can't see of feel the goods for real until they arrive through the post.

I always check feedback and make sure they are reputable. And I do my research on what I want before I buy it.

Though saying that I just bid on a CD today with someone who only has 35 points over 4 years at 100% positive..... we'll see if its legit or not when it arrives.. ;)

Not had a bad deal in over 6 years or so....

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've had several negative experiences with fleabay and paypal - did you know that you can only recover your money through paypal if the other user has money in their paypal account? All that crap about paypal being the safe way to pay for your purchases!
I've had something like this happen to me before, paid for an item that never completed and then when i tried to get my money back the paypal and ebay accounts had been closed 'no longer a registered user'
Its got to the point now that if i sell something on ebay i ask for cash , cheque or postal order even though i have a paypal account.

·
Registered
663 Posts
we had a awful experience back in october from a woman we sold a halloween wig to,she wanted us to send it to a different address but we refused as paypal states you must send it to a verified address in case of any problems anyways we sent it recorded luckily but the woman claimed she never got it she got really abusive claiming she worked for royal mail and she knew how it worked anyways we looked on royal mail web site to see proff of postage but nothing she made a claim so paypal refunded her the money leaving us without item paypal fees and postage costs funnily enough the wig was signed for the following day!!! so she had it all along just wouldnt sign for it because we wouldnt send it to diff address,she argude till she was blue in the face that she didnt get it but the royal mail web site said the date that it was delivered and some one had signed for it, made a claim thru paypal showing proof of postage but all they did was say sorry theres nothing we can do about it,ull have to contact her yourself for the wrongly refunded money grrrrrrrrrrrrr paypal is crap!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I was burnt on eBay about a year ago and not used it since. Won a bid and paid immediately, the guy took my dough and disappeared without a trace! I tried reporting him to eBay only to ge t"sorry, the user is no longer registered with eBay". FAT lot of good that is.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts