Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Went to Omaha Beach in Normandy this year, they are still finding things from the D Day landings. The latest was a full flame thrower back pack found in March this year.

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Just like the other one.....how bloody cool....

seriously that is an amazing find, and in good condition too

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
walkerdude2001 said:
Just like the other one.....how bloody cool....

seriously that is an amazing find, and in good condition too
If it was a vw it would have looked like a brandy snap :D

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FBJ said:
while i think the one first shown is a fake. (check how the soil on/around is black. but the soil it stands on is brown). if you check the other finds, it seems possible to find good or bad examples. this being a beliveable good find. http://www.detektorweb.cz/index.4me?s=show&i=3023&mm=1&vd=1 :)
thats probally just down to the strata......looks legit to me.....why fake it....there huge amounts of WW2 iron in europe its being dug up all the time.....theres places where you cant move for tripping over the stuff....WW1 and 2

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
the first few pics dont sit right with me. the one with the arrow just looks wrong!.did they dig it out or was it on the surface covered up. im not saying there are not good finds out there, just it looks a bit sus! if only we had so much iron to dig up. :)
BTW i have done a zuffle v but i cant say to who ;) but on the tv :)

·
Registered
707 Posts

Gay metal detectorists!

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you check the amount of iron dug up.....and restored on the site i doubt its fake

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
These were both found in bogs and due to totallack of oxygen they are fantastically well preserved.

Heavy tabks bogs equals sink, heavy lifting machinery and a bit of research equals mint tanks easy really

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
i love stuff like this....anyone remember those two american guys who dug up those ww2 planes in the artic? or some place like that...allso watched a program many years ago with a guy going round finding old ww2 fighter planes in jungles etc

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glacier girl
http://www.thelostsquadron.com/

i remember seeing a programme about 10 years aog......this group found a WW2 bomber....i think a B17 way out in the midle of nowhere.....it had been landed and left.....it was covered in snow and ice but still on the surface......as it was intact the only way they could move it was fly it.......so they rebuilt the engines and made it air worthy over several years......the chief mechanic died from the conditions.....they finished it so it was able to fly and cleared a runway .....but as they were taking off a can of fuel/generator fell over inside and set the plane ablaze......it was totaled .....it was a long programme and you really felt gutted for the guys..... :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts