Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this on impulse the other day! :D

Has anyone tried this before? Im looking to put it on a 2055 type 4 motor with 40idf webbers and a hot cam, what you reakon??

Aide

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quality bought it from newark auto jumble for £20 quid brand new.looked on the micron website and there £124 + vat! :D

Ive got the choice of 2 headers will take some pics

Aide

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well ive got a choice of manifolds the 1st on would be better for clearence with the rear bumper but I think it would be a bit restrictive?

The second is the one is what im leaning to looks much better and possibly flow better, just might have to do alot more triming

What you folks reakon? :D

Aide

·
Registered
919 Posts
ive had a carbon fibre race can on the back of my bug for a couple of years now, sounds and goes great.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ozzy how louds yours im currently running a kadron on me t1 at the mo and was wondering just how loud this things gonna be, Also what motor are you running with your can?
Any probs with the way the engine runs with the can?

Cheers Aide :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
i had a cheap bugpack extractor on before this, after fitting the can it is quieter and more powerfull.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I say go for it dude, I think the second header looks better.

Ozzy what does your motor sound like? Is it raspy or more so than say a 'turbo' type muffler?

·
Registered
919 Posts
its suprisingly deep and quiet at low to mid revs then has a nice roar at high revs. sounds a bit like a big bike (oddly enough ;) ) when flat out.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ozzy does your can have removable baffles if so have you tried it with no baffles in?

Also have you supported the can at the outlet end in any way?

Aide :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
no it doesnt have removable baffles, it has a bracket fitted halfway along the top of the can which is bolted to another bracket attached to on of the header pipes. you can get a support strap for cans without the bracket.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet

Does yours have a rubber seal at both ends,if so have they survived on a aircooled motor? :D

Aide

1 - 13 of 13 Posts