Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Looks quite fruity! Especially the interior, nice though!

What work does it need?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
needabeetle said:
Looks quite fruity! Especially the interior, nice though!

What work does it need?
Having had a quick look round it I cant see it requiring any welding at all.... But hey you never know when the dismantle starts !

The body work is also rock solid. Heater channels appear spot on so I guess, fingers crossed, it's only the body... Thankfully the most severe dents are confined to the bonnet and one wing so I'll slap some new ones on.. Just sources a narrowed beam so next on the shopping list is a set of gas burners..

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
beetleragtop said:
Good find ;)

Whats the plans for it?

James
The million dollar question..... The amount of work previously gone into this car is immense... It's obviously an early look '70 but they have done everything to make it look convincing (except the reg). The tank filler is under the bonnet, early doors with hinge mirror, under dash bonnet pull, early speedo... the lot.. !!

What I would like to do is make it look like it did... Keep the interior the same as it's mint, clean up the previously detailed engine and under bonnet, respray the same colour as it's had a total shell paint by the looks of it but also add some modern touches... Narrowed beam, Gas Burners etc... Probably going to make the lump a 1641 with twins as the other half will be driving as much as me and she gets scared in her 1.4 Pug 106 !!!

I guess we'll see as we go along and Mrs Ladies no doubt will have some input along the line....

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A little premature I know but we've just got a right steal on a set of repro gas burners... dont caine me but just moved into a new house so we're not as minted as we should be !! Should look much better with a narrowed beam... Just need to find a deal on a pair of smart tyres now...

Been quoted £700 to sort the body out/paint which dont seem to bad to me.. seen a couple of their other jobs and looks ok...

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bee said:
oooo i might see it then, as often up that way with it just being along the road n all:D
We only live down Hill Head so there quite alot..

Cars coming along nicely now... Just sorting body out for a bit of paint and trying to source an early 60's stock interior to replace all that recaro stuff. Should have the narrowed beam fitted soon so all good !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts