Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've googled and stuff and haven't found anything really, wondered if anyone could help...

Basically, I've got a query in Access that returns a list of e-mail addresses from a table. Is there any way I can then directly take this list of addresses and use it in outlook to send an e-mail to each one? (the same mail to everyone, although if it can be personalised I could pull out Surname/Initial info too).

Everything I can find is to do with Word mail merging so I thought I'd ask.

Actually, if I generate the list, export it into Word, can I get it into Outlook that way?

Worst case is that whoever sends the mails has to copy big chunks of the e-mail address list into the "Bcc:" field in outlook and send it out in batches I suppose...

I hate faffing around with stuff like this :lol:

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
When do you need to know by? Can't do it today, but Monday I can have a look if that's not too late.

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TrolleyWheels said:
With a bit of VBA coding, you could get access to send the email for you to the list of email addresses too!.
Now THAT would ROCK. But I wouldn't have a CLUE where to start, I'm completely useless with anything MS and Visual Basic related :lol: I'm a PHP/Cold Fusion kinda guy :)

Thanks guys, I'll see how it goes :) I finish here on Tuesday and it's so that the untrained monkeys can send out automated e-mails to each one of the registered members in future. These are people that get confused by Cut and Paste, so any complexity means I'll have to write SUPER CLEAR documentation :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts