Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been noticing MSN behaving strange?

I have noticed i nthe past week or so some weirdness in the way MSN is running, tonite it really drew my attention. I was using VZi(sat dormant in one window) I had Google maps running and google was like uber slow, i had never seen it this slow, i bring up task manager and msn is using 500mb of memory! i had 3 chat windows open. the system was totally slow, so i sign out, quite the program reload it and now its much better, starting out at about 45-50mb, but it keeps pulsing slowly upto about 90mb, im only leaving it there running and occasionally typing a few words in 2 chat windows i have.

is there some sort of bug going about?

the othere day i also had it where i was chatting in one window then suddenly the window behind was selected like i`d clicked the mouse, so i move the mouse and its trying to resize the window. I havent got any detected viruses but i wonder are there some msn bugs goign about?

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phil5556 said:
mine's ok, sitting there doing nothing is't at about 15,000k, opening a chat window it went up to 20,000.
what version of msn, im running `live` on win XP

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Now you mention it, I've just looked at mine, and it's using 80 megs doing absolutely nothing apart from being logged on. Shonky coding or something else?

:confused:

Edit: I minimised to the system tray and it went down to 7! Over 70MB for just the main window? Two tabs in Firefox only use 65.......

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
MSN 'Live' uses alot more resources than the 'old' MSN.

Its also full of bugs still, give it a year it will work properly, hence I use MSN 7.5 ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts