Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, got a mini ipod at the moment and the 6gb proved to be less than adequate, it's full to bursting, yes, too much dolly parton etc :incheek:

girlfiends sister is bringing me back one of those sexy new 80gb from the states but my question is this...

when i get it can i run 2 different ipods with 2 different itunes on the same pc? or do they share the same one etc? will i be able to 'move' music from one to the other easily?

can't get my head around how it'll work

there must be loads of peeps out there with this problem? :confused:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
you won't be able to run them both at the same time... and using itunes you can't drag and drop from an ipod anyway. Data transfer is one way only. I.e from the PC to the ipod. you need some software called Ephpod or Mytunes which you can use if you have the songs on the ipod and need to get them back off again.

Nick

·
Registered
885 Posts
Erm surly if your running a pc with xp os you just need to make another profile call it ipod and just use it for your ipod and set it up just so it has minimum things on that side just itunes.

There is no reason in my head why that should not work but i did quit my job in I.T as it made my head hurt and to many women crying on the phone saying i f##ked there pc up was enuff for me.. :bandit:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
BJ said:
Erm surly if your running a pc with xp os you just need to make another profile call it ipod and just use it for your ipod and set it up just so it has minimum things on that side just itunes.

There is no reason in my head why that should not work but i did quit my job in I.T as it made my head hurt and to many women crying on the phone saying i f##ked there pc up was enuff for me.. :bandit:
:lol:

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Missbugbabe said:
You can have as many ipods as you like but they will all access the same itunes, so therefore all have the same music on them.
Not true - iTunes has protection to stop people sharing the entire contents off their iPod. Thats why you have to enter the serial number, etc.

I think it would work by setting up an alternate user on XP as has been suggested :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
DESIGN7O said:
Not true - iTunes has protection to stop people sharing the entire contents off their iPod. Thats why you have to enter the serial number, etc.

I think it would work by setting up an alternate user on XP as has been suggested :)
so i cant change my iPod and use the existing iTunes? :tick:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts