Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. what are the main differences? finish, quality, weight, offset?

2. who is giving the best prices now?

i am actually looking for 4.5 for the fronts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I posed this question some time ago, the basic answer from those that had them was that the Flat 4's will stay looking a lot better for longer, which when it comes down to it is what you want from them, even if you do kid yourself that you need them for performance ;)

I think that generaly the weather will get under the laquer of the MWS wheels quicker which does look unsightly. I bought mine (MWS) cheap off eBay and the elements were starting to get under the laquer. They have got worse, but they were cheap with tyres so no tears here.
That said, if I had bought them new I would have been disapointed. I had made my mind up that I was going to get the Flat 4's before I saw these going cheap, as I think you would thank yourself in the long run.

Obviously depends on your budget though.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
AFAIK the offset on the mws 4.5 is the same as the 5.5, so theyll stick out just as far if used with dropped spindles.

I used to have a set of mws brms, not too bad just be careful if they supply you with wheel bolts! I had to cut mine down to the right lenght!

·
Registered
587 Posts
They are all polished nice and shiny. You'll pay a premium for Flat Four gear, but the quality is superb. I was looking at MWS repros a couple of years ago, and what can I say? The castings were porous. Shoddy. In the end I put my money down for ERCOs... Expensive, but they weigh NOTHING!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
benny66 said:
AFAIK the offset on the mws 4.5 is the same as the 5.5, so theyll stick out just as far if used with dropped spindles.

I used to have a set of mws brms, not too bad just be careful if they supply you with wheel bolts! I had to cut mine down to the right lenght!
This seems to be a common problem with the wheel bolts as I had the same problem when I bought some Empi 5's from them many moons ago. I also heard of someone else who bought some wheels from them but fitted all 4 with the car on ramps at a local auto centre and drove off, trashing all the brakes ... not good ..... you think that they would have changed this by now due to the number of complaints that they must have recieved :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts