Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. After hours upon hours of going through this forum, I have never thought to put my ride on here until now. So here she is on a wet morning -

I've got loads of plans and no money. I'm just about there with the stock engine and major welding repairs (which there wasnt many of). I would love to have it resprayed in white, lowered a bit more (only 2" on the front at the mo) and some new wheels. Also maybe some blade bumpers. I could carry on....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Nice to see another early super beetle. :)

I've also got a '71 1302.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't swap the europas for blades.

·
Registered
130 Posts
She looks nice , dude , is that original paint?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys. Yeah i'm waying up the bumper options.

I think most of it is original paint. I know the front wings have been re-done (badly). And I've done a little touching up here and there. Its not too shabby and the underneith is rock solid. Amazing floor pan for year.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
beetlecharles said:
The deep dish wheels look great.

Are they the 7" wide ones that Machine 7 sell?

:)
Cheers mate. They are only 5.5 wide. but im thinking of getting 7" for the rears.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
DB82 said:
Cheers mate. They are only 5.5 wide. but im thinking of getting 7" for the rears.
7's would look awesome! Those must be low offset 5.5's then as they look really wide in those photos!

The turquoise is nice too as its a bit different from the norm. I take it you are going to respray it in the original white?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
beetlecharles said:
7's would look awesome! Those must be low offset 5.5's then as they look really wide in those photos!

The turquoise is nice too as its a bit different from the norm. I take it you are going to respray it in the original white?

I change my mind every month with the colour. But at the moment I'm thinking original white. It's just such a pain in the arse to keep clean! I need a garage. The wheel colour came out a bit brighter than I hoped but I'm getting used to it.

This is my other respray favourite -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts