Volkszone Forum banner

481 - 500 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
GO start it, run it in and out of the garage, circulate the fluids, operate the leavers. Letting a car sit still is the worst thing you can do, think about all the effort you put in to get here :D

·
Highly Respected Member
2,560 Posts
All the local shows this year are now cancelled due to the uncertainty of whether they'll be allowed to be run so not sure how much use i'll get out of my bug this year.
It did 107 miles last year so i'm hoping i can beat that.
Its been 10 weeks now since it passed its MOT and it's not even been started. :(
Mine goes on the road in April, for the first time since being restored. Lets see who can clock up the most miles:lol:. I plan to take it for a run at least once a week, on the weekly shop!

·
Registered
313 Posts
10 weeks
Do my head in that would
All that effort
Use it for 1 journey 1 day a week at least
I find not driving my bmw for a week or more a bit distressing

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,670 Posts
All the local shows this year are now cancelled due to the uncertainty of whether they'll be allowed to be run so not sure how much use i'll get out of my bug this year.
It did 107 miles last year so i'm hoping i can beat that.
Its been 10 weeks now since it passed its MOT and it's not even been started. :(
Just take it out on Sunny days. Don't jump in your daily hack, take the Beetle instead.

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Beam needs adjusting a bit to get some more clearance but this is as far as i can get the adjusters in the puma beam to go which results in just a smidge over an inch clearance between tyre and arch lip.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
I've levered the arch lip a little with a 2x4 and have created a small amount more clearance but its definately an oddly shaped repro wing.
Theres only a finger width gap between the 10 and 12 position on the passengers side but 2-3 fingers gap on the drivers side. :rolleyes:
I might look for a genuine passengers side wing to replace it.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
That's crap dude and for all you've driven it. I noticed similar issue with igp rear wings, one side the wheel sits nicely under the arch and at the other barely clears

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
It hasn't put me in the best of moods. I'll replace it with a genuine arch at some point but i think i'm gonna have a go rolling the front section of the arch with a scaffold bar. I've got nothing to loose really as the paint is already trashed on that part.
I only about 10mm more clearance for it to match the drivers side as the curve doesn't match the tyre.

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #491 (Edited)
Difference between the genuine drivers side and repro passengers side.
The wheel is in the same place both sides as i measured :lol: but the arch is around 20mm different at the A pillar and 10-15mm at the front like the wheel opening is further backwards than it should be.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
Well i rolled the inner lip of the passengers side arch a bit using a scaffy pole and created a little more space.
I'm still looking for a genuine arch to replace it with but i'm gonna try raising the front an inch or so back to where i originally planned it.

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
I still haven't got around to raising the suspension or doing anything on the bug lately.
Does anyone know if i was to go from 0 degrees camber to -1 degrees (to pull the top of the tyre in a smidge) that i'd also need to readjust the toe in back to specs?

·
Highly Respected Member
2,560 Posts
I still haven't got around to raising the suspension or doing anything on the bug lately.
Does anyone know if i was to go from 0 degrees camber to -1 degrees (to pull the top of the tyre in a smidge) that i'd also need to readjust the toe in back to specs?
Yes, I do, and definitely. As you increase the negative camber it cause it to toe in.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Did you throw it a socially distanced party :D

481 - 500 of 519 Posts