Raining here in Cumbria today so didn't get a chance to work on my caravelle outside.
I did manage to raise the bugs suspension 3 or 4 teeth on the Puma adjusters.
Increased the tyre to wing clearance from 28mm to 56mm which will hopefully stop any rubbing.
I also sanded the wing lip, rust cured it, etch primed and filled it.
Been lashing it down today so working outside has been a no no.
Managed to get the arch edge sanded down and some paint applied to keep the damp out instead.
The chinesium passengers side mirror i fitted a year ago has loads of rust spots showing through the chrome already even with a couple of coats of wax applied.
In comparrison i found the old drivers side one half buried in the ground behind my shed where its sat on the scrap pile for the past 5 or more years and the chrome is still 99% perfect.
It was but with 2 up when turning right up hill the passengers front tyre caught the arch lip and burned the paint off.
Its a repro arch on that side and the profile is not quite the same as the genuine one on the drivers side which gave loads of clearance.
EMPI replicas with a silly low offset, 185/65/15 tyres and a stock width beam don't help either.
Finally got around to soldering the two speaker wires back on. Radio now plays though all 4.
Still thinking of fitting a small subwoofer in a box behind the back seat as any bass in a song just makes the speakers crackle.
A forum community dedicated to aircooled Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, restorations, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!