Volkszone Forum banner
681 - 700 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #681 ·
Took the bug out for a quick run around and was greated by a spongy pedal. Can't find a leak anywhere so no idea how its got air in it.
The rubber pipe on my one man bleeder that attaches to the bleed nipple won't stay put so when the pedal is pressed it pops off the nipple and sprays brake fluid across the rear axle. Looks like theres a plastic bit with a hole in it missing that pushes over the pipe to keep it in place. :rolleyes:
My head torch batteries also died so i gave up for the day and put them on charge.

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 ·
Thought it was possibly the master cylinder that had failed as pumping the pedal didn't firm it up. Checked everywhere and no leaks anywhere i could see.
Pumped the pedal while kneeling next to the car and could hear a squelching sort of sound coming from the drivers side back wheel.
Yep, looks like it could be a popped wheel cylinder. If i clamp the flexy on that side the pedal is nice and firm.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Bicycle tire

Gonna have to buy a breaker bar. I've already got a 36mm socket but its only 1/2". Not sure if its up to the job or if i'd need to go 3/4".

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
I still haven't managed to figure out whats going on with the Sony stereo wiring. Wiggling the cable caused the radio to switch on and off so its definately a loose connection. I just can't find out how to fix it. :mad:
I wired in an ISO connection harness like this when i did the wiring loom and the wires in the connectors aren't that snug a fit. I tried another Sony harness and get the same results so i assume its this ISO bit thats possibly the problem.
Rectangle Electrical supply Electronic device Magenta Wire

Decided to add some insulation to the loft above the garage as the weather has been nasty this afternoon. Waiting on toolstation delivery for some of the other bits i need.
I feel a tip run coming soon. Theres still so much useless crap up there.
Wood Building Event Leisure House

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #689 ·
Used the bug today instead of trying to get the motorhome along some of the narrow roads round here.
Tire Wheel Car Cloud Sky

Radio decided its not gonna play ball again. :rolleyes:
Really tempted to just say fuck it, and swap out the sony for a cheap headunit. As long as it allows me to play music by bluetooth and has FM it'll do. Its hidden in the glovebox so it doesn't even need to look pretty.

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
Decided to do something about the drivers seat backrest as its been a bit saggy. I assumed the main frame had broken or the springs but it was just a few of the bars had come adrift.
Welded it all back together.
Grille Rectangle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Font

Rectangle Gas Metal Bicycle part Font

Refitted the cover using a plastic bag over the padding to help it slide on easier.
Sleeve Rectangle Red Tints and shades Pattern

Fitted it back in the car. Feels a lot firmer now with no sagginess.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #693 ·
The seat still feels like your right shoulder isn't supported as well as the left one. Wondering if the recline mechanism knob is somehow not in the same position from one side of the seat to the other.

Took a run out to our local Cars and Coffee meet this morning at Poppit Sands near Cardigan.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light

Horn decided it was gonna play up again and sound when the steering wheel was turned 90 degrees so i disconnected it for now until i have a chance to get under it and see what its shorting on.

Some nice motors there again today.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Wheel Tire

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
Back to trying to figure out why the horn is all of a sudden sounding by itself when the wheels are turned. Column inner doesn't appear to be catching the outer and the connection on the coupling isn't hitting the bottom of the tank. Can't find any reason for it to be grounding out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #696 ·
Had another look at the horn wiring and steering column this afternoon.
Horn sounded when wheels just off straight ahead position. Though not when the wheels are lifted off the ground. o_O
Had a feel around under the tank but couldn't find anything touching or catching anything. The inner column is right in the middle of the outer and theres a good 5mm of space between the steering column locking shell (thats what ETKA calls it) above the collapsable section and the bulkhead tube. Wire through column seems OK and is not catching or touching anywhere to earth it. Stumped.
Turned the key back on, rotated the wheels from lock to lock and nothing. No horn sounding at all. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've only just realised that for some reason which only the Internet can explain I have not been getting any update emails for this or your camper thread
We see if this little post changes that
I have missed your updates Zebedee
I'm happy you've still have your bug and it's seen some use

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
Its still getting used though pretty infrequently at the moment. I chickened out of our local cars and coffee meet yesterday as the weather forcast was proper nasty. In the end it looks like the weather was fine 20 miles up the road but just pissing it down here. :rolleyes:
The council have just done all the main (if you can call a 1 1/2 car width road main) roads round here too, covering them in wet tar then chippings and hoovering up whats not stuck. Its like driving on a gravel rally stage at over 20mph.

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #700 ·
Had a bit of a run around this afternoon while the weather was decent.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Drivers seat still feels like its leaning slightly. Not sure if the stops on the runners on the floor are not level side to side or the backrest is bent.
It also definately feel like it needs a subwoofer fitting, as when you turn the bass up the rear speakers distort. Haven't managed to find a cheapish active sub yet though as they're all miles away and won't post due to the weight.
Drive full of VWs.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

681 - 700 of 713 Posts