Damn tinware paint!!!!
So last weekend I took the engine out so I could put the new engine bay seals in. When I took the engine out I noticed the tinware wasn't looking too good as it's got a bit wet in all the rain lately and seems the paint weren't very water resistant and looked like this
But like this on the dry side
So decided after all the effort to make the engine look nice before I may as well make it look nice again and so out with the wet n dry plus gave me a chance to fit a mist baffle to the inside of the gen stand and weld up the lower tinware mounting holes
Then taken most the week to prime and paint the tinware and only just about to do last coat on last piece, so had a look at the semi-W decklid I bought ages ago and found myself glad I only paid $100 for it and a popes nose cos it's 'so called' good condition was rather less than good.
As you can see the hinge areas are pretty bad and the hinges had been brazed in place cos the spotwelded area was so rusty and weak. Then where some logo had been drilled thru near one hinge area had badly split and torn the support area under the hinge and dented the outer panel inwards. As for the size of holes drilled for the licence plate were 10mm and also had dented the outer panel. Oh, and the paint used is cracking off in large chunks so dunno what type of paint it was re-sparyed in during the past
Next is engine back in so can move her back to resting place whilst 2 wheels are removed so the valve stem holes can be welded smaller for modern valves.