Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
This is a picture of the Beetle my wife bought me for xmas. She's ever such a sweet woman.
It's a 59 with semaphores. Owner says it has no structural rust, just surface. Will find out soon enough but rather excited. No gearbox or rear suspension but mechanicals are easy to sort. Got two engine with it to strip and see if I have a good one in there. So yup, I'm quite chuffed really and looking forward to playtime.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vw-sean:
for the time being whilst get her up and running but painted at a later date.

Tech69:
got the socks too but only ankle ones. I mean thats a bit slack really :D

Firsttimebug:
she did wrap it. well the keyring anyhow.

Misterecks:
Update I shall, tho they may be a bit slow as money is tight and parts are more expensive over here. How is Nottingham these days? used to live there whilst at uni, and before moving to Oz, and have very fond memories of the place, well apart from st.anns ;)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Misterecks:
Update I shall, tho they may be a bit slow as money is tight and parts are more expensive over here. How is Nottingham these days? used to live there whilst at uni, and before moving to Oz, and have very fond memories of the place, well apart from st.anns ;)
Look forward to the updates :D

Nottingham's still good, and St. Anns is still St. Anns ;)

Where you at Nottingham or Trent? I do some work with both from time to time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
nice i have an aussie rhd 59 bug also mate, my daily driver
if you are going to keep it with period aged engine and gearbox i have a spare 59 split gearbox if you ever need one

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How did you get it that high in the first place?
it's still at the sellers place awaiting transport. No idea how he got it up there but i need a forklift at my end?!?

Originally Posted by cadillacman
Needs to be lowered at tad!
indeed it does.

Originally Posted by misterecks
Where you at Nottingham or Trent? I do some work with both from time to time.
I was at Nottingham. 4 years of drunken mischief then travelled to Oz and decided to stay. Tho the wife had something to do with that part.

Originally Posted by dry&heavy
nice i have an aussie rhd 59 bug also mate, my daily driver
if you are going to keep it with period aged engine and gearbox i have a spare 59 split gearbox if you ever need one
The gearbox would be handy but the transport cost to Oz would be ridiculous. I'm just about to start learning about the swing axle. I can get hold of a 64 swing. Will that fit?

To all, I'm hoping the guy will have got the 59 up here by the 10th Jan and then I can take some piccies of her in my garage. Till then stay cool peps!!!

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats an awesome christmas present!
Good luck with it!
Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

~Lee
Thanks dude. getting itchy fingers waiting for it to get up to me. it might be rat look for a while

Good luck dude, looks like a lotta potential there. What style you gonna go for?
Gonna go rat look until I can get the paint sorted and then will be standard for a while until funds allow and then i may be tempted to stick a subura engine in it to piss the ute boys off over here. Imagine a chav from the UK with a V8 under his foot and you get the picture :eek:

1 - 20 of 588 Posts