Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there have been complaints about the traders who did not attend the show, i would like to add my experiences and complaints about other things which were out of the organisers control.

Firstly, my wife was ill on Friday morning and so after getting up at 4.30am to meet my mates for a convoy, i had to call them and tell them to leave without me and i sent my wife back to bed.

I couldn't go back to sleep and so i sat up watching shit TV then phoned the doctors at 8.30am to book an appointment for my wife. The doctors had nothing available until 10.30am.

When i took her to the docs, she was diagnosed as having an ear infection and was told she couldn't drive. Her mum was staying with us as she was due to babysit our daughter and dogs and she said she would look after my wife and that i should go.

I wasn't sure which motor to take but as the camper was loaded with our gear i decided to leave the New Bee at home and have a comfortable camping experience instead of sleeping in a tent.

Before leaving, i went to Ann Summers to buy a blow up doll to sit in my passenger seat so that i would not be labeled a 'deviant' when i turned up at Action as a single bloke. (i really didn't think that through did i?)

I left at 11.30am and caught nothing but traffic on the M25. The delays cost me an extra 2 hours worth of driving.

When i got to Wellingborough, i went to Tescos to grab some supplies and they had no BBQ charcoal. I then tried Homebase and they told me they had none in stock as the BBQ season is over!? I finally managed to get some from Sainsburies.

I was expecting there to be a Chilli Beef recipie in the programme but was disappointed not to find one. What the hell was i supposed to do with all the mince that i had bought?

Lastly i woke up on Sunday morning only to find someone had pissed in my BBQ...

So in reaction to the above 'out of control to the organisers' events, i would like to see Brian and Brett do the following for next year *fingers crossed*.

1. Make sure my wife does not fall ill on the morning of the best VW show of the year.

2. Make sure that my local doctors surgery has emergancy apointments for people going to Action and ensure that Friday morning TV has some quality programming.

3. Arrange for a low loader to be able to collect cars nationally and bring them to the Pod.

4. Arrange with the highways agency to have a dedicated VW only lane on the M25 to reduce congestion for those going to Action.

5. Make sure that Tescos have charcoal in stock and to inform Homebase that the BBQ season is not over until i say it is. Even if i wanted to have a BBQ on christmas day, that is my perogative, i can't be expected to stockpile charcoal.

6. To provide an electric hook up which can be attached to barbeques so that anyone who chooses to piss in them gets a nasty shock.

Lastly, there were not enough children swearing for my liking. As a family event, i would like to see more activities aimed at catering for children but with an adult audience. A childrens swearing competition would be ace and i would definately watch. My daughter would probably win when she is old enough to talk.

Disclaimer: For those who have no sense of humour, although this may look like a rant, it is thoroughly 'tounge in cheek' and i had one of the best weekends of the year! Bri and Brett don't need to change anything as they have the perfect formula!

32,408 Posts
Personally I was disgusted by the traffic on the M5 that delayed my arrival by some hour and a half. Do the people who arrange these resurfacing jobs not read the Show Calendar that has only recently been added to this very site?? :mad:

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, I didn't see you!!!
:( Yeah, i saw your motor but not you. You going to Farmfest next weekend? If so, i'll see you there!

But that's another thing to add to my rant. It would be appreciated if Bri and Brett could organise for an announcement to be made over the tannoy when i arrive at the Pod so that my friends and 'fans' can come and greet me at the gate, preferably by sprinkling rose petals on the floor as my van comes through the gates.

How could you miss him, he looked like a twat with a big bee on his head!?:incheek:
:lol: ;)

True, i was hard to miss. I was driving my Bay which has my name written down the side in fucking big letters. I watched the night racing dressed as Batman (although a lot of people did not recognise me because of the mask). And i was up until 5am on Saturday night stumbling around everywhere dressed as a hip hop gangsta. And as Phil(numbers) rightly says, i was wearing quite possibly the gayest/stupidest hat on the Sunday. :D

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I totally agree with you and I hope Brett, Bri and the rest of the crew sort their act out and be more prepared for next years unforseeable and uncontrolable issues, I mean FFS

:D

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you the dude with the grafiti'd bay..?
Yes mate. Good to meet you at last! And i agree with what others have said, you are in fact younger than i presumed you to be. :D

Personally I was disgusted by the traffic on the M5 that delayed my arrival by some hour and a half. Do the people who arrange these resurfacing jobs not read the Show Calendar that has only recently been added to this very site?? :mad:
It is encouraging to know someone else shared my pain. :)

nice one :lol:

At least you never bid against me this time :lol::lol:
I was tempted to raise the price on that bike by an extra £50 but i wouldn't dare after last time! ;)

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
:( Yeah, i saw your motor but not you. You going to Farmfest next weekend? If so, i'll see you there!

But that's another thing to add to my rant. It would be appreciated if Bri and Brett could organise for an announcement to be made over the tannoy when i arrive at the Pod so that my friends and 'fans' can come and greet me at the gate, preferably by sprinkling rose petals on the floor as my van comes through the gates.

:lol: ;)

True, i was hard to miss. I was driving my Bay which has my name written down the side in fucking big letters. I watched the night racing dressed as Batman (although a lot of people did not recognise me because of the mask). And i was up until 5am on Saturday night stumbling around everywhere dressed as a hip hop gangsta. And as Phil(numbers) rightly says, i was wearing quite possibly the gayest/stupidest hat on the Sunday. :D
That was you....hell was sat right near you and even took a pic...didnt recognise you fella :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,688 Posts
Yes mate. Good to meet you at last! And i agree with what others have said, you are in fact younger than i presumed you to be. :D
Who's been talking about me now..? :lol: I don't get why people think I'm old! There's enough pics of me kicking around on here! :lol: Granted they are all of me wearing makeup/engine oil, but, well... :lol:

Holly still wants your mates number ;) :lol:

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my only complaint was I couldn't find any traders selling piss mats :p
That boils my piss... :mad:

In that case I did see you again but didn't realise it :lol:
:D When i saw people i knew i said hello and then had to tell them who i was. :D

I totally agree with you and I hope Brett, Bri and the rest of the crew sort their act out and be more prepared for next years unforseeable and uncontrolable issues, I mean FFS

:D
QFT! ;)

not many people would bid in an auction to look like a helmet:lol: nice one

chris you are a legend :D
Not so much a legend but definately a twat with no sense of shame and £20 too much in his wallet. ;)

·
Registered
11,209 Posts

It is encouraging to know someone else shared my pain. :)

I was tempted to raise the price on that bike by an extra £50 but i wouldn't dare after last time! ;)
:lol::lol::lol:

It was gary,s money not mine i did,nt know he was going to bid on it :D:D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.