Volkszone Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its starting to go together now so I thought i'd share some photos of my progress with you all.....

JGE Torker wheels sporting a pair of NOS 145 Michelin XZX tyres:

205/70's on the rear, Porsche Tombstone seats, CLF tagged with pride:

Sneaky interior shot showing real speedwell wheel and monster tach:

Interior fresh from the trimmers, old school fat biscuit style door panels:

Colour is Gulf blue, wearing Tim Tesnow T-bars:

Newton Commercial carpets, Early berg shifter w/ polished handle:

ECONO plate frame and amercian styled number plate waiting to go on the car:

I'll update this thread from time to time as other aspects of the car are finished...hopefully in time for the show season!

Tom Kettle.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I love it!! Funking awesome mate! :p

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
too old for this said:
really sweet chap,who did your plate,got a riverside econo surround,but need the plate made up,interior looks top :D
States plates made it up for me, very reasonably priced, took about 3 weeks all in I think. You have to phone them and they will mail you and order form, you fill it in and send it back...then wait!

·
Registered
30,773 Posts
WOW, looks great ;) That's the first time I've seen those wheels fitted, they sit perfectly -is the beam narrowed?

Justin.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
when i saw pictures of those wheels in Volksworld I wasnt keen but seeing them on your car.................. :eek: me likes big time. :D

Fooking awesome!!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Proper nice! Detail is great.
one question if i may......
Ive got a set of newton carpets on order-what was the fit like?

Lee

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
leec said:
Proper nice! Detail is great.
one question if i may......
Ive got a set of newton carpets on order-what was the fit like?

Lee
I was very very happy with the service from Duncan at Newton and the carpets are top notch, I would heartily recommend them to anyone.

I did however spend about three days solid prefitting and trimming the carpets so they are as exact a fit as possible, I have a carrier bag full of offcuts! This isn't by any means a comment on poor fit, more that I wanted to know it was just right. They fit better than any others I have seen and I have fitted a few.

·
Registered
656 Posts
thats a bitchin car mate. i like it. im liking the look of the carpets too.... are they expensive?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
nice ride mate looking real cool... :hangloose

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys!

Topbloke, I've tried both and prefer it that way, I think the handle better fits the contour of the hand, obviously the only downside is the buttton but it doesnt cause any problems!

Mr Hitler, thanks dude, the carpets worked out being around £200 to my door, worth every penny!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
GermanLkManx said:
I was very very happy with the service from Duncan at Newton and the carpets are top notch, I would heartily recommend them to anyone.

I did however spend about three days solid prefitting and trimming the carpets so they are as exact a fit as possible, I have a carrier bag full of offcuts! This isn't by any means a comment on poor fit, more that I wanted to know it was just right. They fit better than any others I have seen and I have fitted a few.
Thanks for that. Got a set on order now!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
i can vouch for newton commercial ....top quality carpets....the old cheesley patterns were bought by them

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
That's awesome dude, i love it. :)

Any pics of the motor?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ballbag said:
That's awesome dude, i love it. :)

Any pics of the motor?
I might be starting on the engine build tomorrow dude, but I am moving in a week or two (hopefully), plus I need to paint the engine bay, so give me a few months!

I'll update this thread with engine stuff though in the mean time :D

1 - 20 of 515 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.