Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I closed my computer down the other day using hibernate instead of shut down and now it won't boot up...
Anyone got any ideas please?
:)

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
When you say "not boot up",do you mean completely or would you be able to press F8 when starting to run Windows in safe mode?

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha. :rolleyes:

Nope, f8 doesn't work, it won't boot up, but it gives the option to ignore saved data and restart, but the keyboard won't work to select it! :(

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
Ollatron said:
Haha. :rolleyes:

Nope, f8 doesn't work, it won't boot up, but it gives the option to ignore saved data and restart, but the keyboard won't work to select it! :(
so what do you see on screen?

nothing?

any error message perhaps ? :)

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It gets stuck on a screen saying: "The last attempt to restart the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to restart again?"

But the two options are not selectable!: "Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu"
Or: "Continue with system restart"

Help!

·
Registered
885 Posts
unplug everything except the power and the monitor see if it starts up then could be a usb mouse,keyboard,or printer etc etc messing with it.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BJ said:
unplug everything except the power and the monitor see if it starts up then could be a usb mouse,keyboard,or printer etc etc messing with it.
Nope, still nothing.

I can get into the set up menu if it helps, but no safe mode. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts