Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I GOT MY FIRST BUG :D
I got a 1303s moss green metallic 1600cc. I got it from a lady who had 2 kids and when i brought the car she started crying she said the bug was original lol my mates dad (Dan Simpson) drove it back from Rochester to Ash in Kent :D
I got the original receipt for the beetle and lodes more (as in pic)
I started work on the beetle and when i looked at the floor pans, heat channels, and everything else it was ok :D
iv got plans to do the beetle up really nice. cant wait to get it on the road.
I passed my driving test to day so all i have to do is save up for my insurance and ill be away :D really cant wait sooooo goooood lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice to see you on hear Nathan, keep up with the info, having a good look at this 03 its in very good original condition , never been painted, a couple of small repairs but pans and heater channels are the best ive seen in a long time,well done on passing your test today as well, what a good start for a young veedubber.;)
Good luck mate.
Dan.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi all.
I know this is Nathans thred, but I will be keeping an eye on his progress, you know what youngsters are like, big stereo,slamed, bucket seats,daft colour etc,etc. NO, The plan is to address any rust, get it mechanically perfect, take every nut and bolt out one by one, spray waxoyl up the holes then copper grease the bolts put them back, then waxoyl the car.
Ive suggested keep it the same colour and trim, he likes Christian seltsers marathon blue 1303rs and Gerd weisers 1302s so it will be along those lines, body off in 2 years we hope ;)
cheers for the comments.
Dan.

·
Premium Member
44,480 Posts
Hi all.
I know this is Nathans thred, but I will be keeping an eye on his progress, you know what youngsters are like, big stereo,slamed, bucket seats,daft colour etc,etc. NO, The plan is to address any rust, get it mechanically perfect, take every nut and bolt out one by one, spray waxoyl up the holes then copper grease the bolts put them back, then waxoyl the car.
Ive suggested keep it the same colour and trim, he likes Christian seltsers marathon blue 1303rs and Gerd weisers 1302s so it will be along those lines, body off in 2 years we hope ;)
cheers for the comments.
Dan.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
1303s

Welcome to VZI Nathan. Really pleased you got a Beetle! I remember you saying at Spa this year that you wanted a Bug.Can't wait till Spa in 2012 so we can drive around the circuit again. Congratulations on passing your driving test. Hopefully going to see Dan tomorrow so I can have a good look at your bug.

Phil.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi everyone to day i went to have a look at a 1303 beetle witch is being crapped so i got quite a bit of stuff from it bonnet, steering wheel and column, struts, and quite a bit more :) from the help of dan simpson, and my mate :) peter simpson thanks
i got some stuff back to day and done some more work on the beetle :D dan is lending meee a set of deep dish standard wheels witch really look good (pic)
my plans are to get all the welding done soonish go i can get on with the best bit cleaning it lol will be good to give the car a good wax and polish spay some little bits here and there and then git it on the road again :p
ill keep putting more and more pic on as i go :)
thanks everyone might see you 2moz phill

·
Registered
112 Posts
nice one! im in gillingham! im 17 and currently driving arround in a corsa and have a mk1 caddy in garage. but i have always wanted a beetle and was going to have one as my first car! but due to commuting to tonbridge everyday i needed a modern thing!
you are lucky!
nice to know someone young and local now has a beetle!
i belong to a vw club and we meet up first thursday of every month maybe you should pop over one time!
Pete

·
Registered
112 Posts
i know how you feel! i paid almost £3000 to insure the corsa! now have no money to buy a beetle :(
but im 18 in march so looking into getting a beetle for then so the insurance is cheaper :)
may have to come see the ashford dubs some time! see what people are driving! prob wait until weathers nicer though!

·
Registered
867 Posts
looks and sounds to be a whole lot better than my first beetle at 14, which was a 1303. Im now breaking it for parts if you ever need any parts. I'm now 17, been on the road for 3 months or so... best for insurance i found was, footman and james. you have to ring them for them to insure anyone under 25 but if you limit your mileage to 1500miles a year i think its currently about £850 a year to insure in your own name. And to upload pictures... just upload them to http://www.imageshack.us/ and them copy and paste the links into the forum with
around it. Hope thats helped a fellow young veedubber :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DUBvespa. yer mate come down some time have a look lol me and my mates have all got beetles lol will be good mate. :D

ange-brierley. yer man thanks thats a big help lol u still got the lowered springs ?

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Hi Nathan :)

Well I must admit that you are one lucky fella!! Looking over your car yesterday at Dans, I couldn't quite believe how good (original) your 1303 is! Very nice :D
Just make sure you take on board eveything that Dan tells you. I know you will, you're a sensible lad :) Unlike some of us (me!) who didn't really listen to Dans advice (in particular about the wonders of Waxoyl) and are now paying a heavy price to have the resultant rot sorted on our (my!) Beetles :( :lol:

BTW It seems to now be 'the law' that those wide steelies have to go on every new project that crosses the Simpson driveway :lol:
They do look good tho' :)

1 - 20 of 253 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.