Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I GOT MY FIRST BUG :D
I got a 1303s moss green metallic 1600cc. I got it from a lady who had 2 kids and when i brought the car she started crying she said the bug was original lol my mates dad (Dan Simpson) drove it back from Rochester to Ash in Kent :D
I got the original receipt for the beetle and lodes more (as in pic)
I started work on the beetle and when i looked at the floor pans, heat channels, and everything else it was ok :D
iv got plans to do the beetle up really nice. cant wait to get it on the road.
I passed my driving test to day so all i have to do is save up for my insurance and ill be away :D really cant wait sooooo goooood lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi everyone to day i went to have a look at a 1303 beetle witch is being crapped so i got quite a bit of stuff from it bonnet, steering wheel and column, struts, and quite a bit more :) from the help of dan simpson, and my mate :) peter simpson thanks
i got some stuff back to day and done some more work on the beetle :D dan is lending meee a set of deep dish standard wheels witch really look good (pic)
my plans are to get all the welding done soonish go i can get on with the best bit cleaning it lol will be good to give the car a good wax and polish spay some little bits here and there and then git it on the road again :p
ill keep putting more and more pic on as i go :)
thanks everyone might see you 2moz phill

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DUBvespa. yer mate come down some time have a look lol me and my mates have all got beetles lol will be good mate. :D

ange-brierley. yer man thanks thats a big help lol u still got the lowered springs ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
:D the next plans with the bug will be to turn it around on the drive and put the front on axle stands. we can then take off all the front suspension and get to the bolk head and weld about 5'' by 5'' area while the suspension is off i will clean all the parts and put 2" lower springs in if i can find some. :( i will then get the all the other bits that need welding prepared for my Chief welder (Dan Simpson) to weld the bits :D thanks Dan. After that i might take the engine out and refresh it so its all nice and clean and runs all good lol :D change the brake lines and probably little bits we will find as well. Then its a case of putting her back together and getting it on the road :) well i think soooo lol :S

Thanks Nathan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
some more pics :)

[URL]http://img405.imageshack.us/i/dsc00261t.jpg/[/URL] [img]
[img] [URL]http://img694.imageshack.us/i/dsc00265kq.jpg/[/URL] [img]
[img] [URL]http://img20.imageshack.us/i/dsc00266ae.jpg/[/URL] [img]
[img] [URL]http://img805.imageshack.us/i/dsc00285e.jpg/[/URL] [img]
[img] [URL]http://img41.imageshack.us/i/dsc00286gb.jpg/[/URL] [img]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
thanks mate i always wanted a 1303 but it got to the stage where i just wanted any beetle lol but when this come up i was like YES haha ill see what im doing but we might come up with a couple of beetles buggys and other dubs lol would be sweet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
thanks mate the 67 is not worth nothing its not even a real beetle scrap it and get a real one like your dads and mine :p will be good mate when we go for a drive :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
sorry i havent beeeen on here for some time my computer is broke :(
i got the front of the car up on axle stands and took all the suspension off the front of the bug and cleaning and derusting all the parts. i got 2" lowered spings for the front so when i put all the front end back on it will look really good :D
i have also cleaned all the iner wings up so the little bits that need welding can be cut out and done all nice and clean. before i put it all back on im going to waxoil all the underneath of my bug :D

the most recent thing i have done is i made all the brake lines for the front from all new copper and they do look really good for my first time im happy lol

my next job is to wait till the weather get better so i can get the welding done so i can crack on with it and finish the bug :D cant wait will be really good to go for a drive.

i will put more pics on when my computer is back in working order :D iv got about 1,000 pics but there not going all on

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
got some more work done on bug 2day :) got the rust off all the suspension bits and painted them need 1 more coat but its all sweet got about 20 - 30 little bits of welding to do on the bug but its still got MOT. i think then it is quite close to being done well the big stuff :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
hi everyone about time the sun come out :)

today i got quite a bit done on the bug thanks to dan simpson and my self. we got all the welding done on both inner wings and all the rust is gone we then painted them with a high zinc paint (primer) and then put seam sealer on the little bits so its all nice and sweeet lol

getting there now my target is to go to Volksworld 2011

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
update :) got all my struts together with red 2" lowered springs new strut inserts painted discs and calipers all red will look really good when there put back on :) before and after

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
please let the sun come out this weekend get some bits done on the car :( need to get the welding done underneathand then i can waxoil everything and put the new struts in :D then turn the bug around take the engine out and clean up everything :D sound like a plan

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.