Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 513 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
magic those spanners are awesome - i picked some up a few weeks ago for £30. 33 peice kit. WEll wrotht he money imho :)

also i thought 1303 pans were the same as normal pans?
i have to make some calls tomorrow regarding the bug engine stuff so i will ask about the pans then.
yeah mine was a 33 piece kit too. managed to order it online for pickup and get them at the sale price of 39 rubs. woulda been nicer to get em for £30 though! :)

Nice set of tools you got there.
Glad to see your still beavering away with it!:D

The frame head plate is a lovely job to do, at least it's thicker metal to weld, and you can crank up the heat!:D
yeah just picking up again over here. looking forwards to hitting the chassis bits and not worrying about blowing through!

im determined to get this thing sorted. sadly its seeming its never as easy as youd think... tonight has been fun. haha

having all sorts of grief with the new rings. the old front ring was very thin and the new ones seemed too thick to fit.

when i got to the second side the rear oil type rings were also too tight to fit in. So tight infact that the old rings had to be broken to get out of their channel.

I asked on mech tech and some way helpful people told me that my engine is a VEGE which use some oddball rings combo with slightly oversized pistons (probably 85.46mm).

anyhow turns out my pistons are even bigger than that and theyre 86.46mm (a 1641 is 87mm i think?) which would be great.......

if it would all go back together...

so i had a tidyup and will decide what to do after i make some calls tomorrow morning. i have a bad feeling that it will end up being a new set of B+P :(

a nice welcome back to working on the vw. haha

·
Registered
821 Posts
WOW!.. your an icon, your dedication!!, Ive just read the thread. Love to see your Bug one day, perhaps when im at bugjam. Great work, you should be proud.. You need a decent paint job, it would be a cherry on the icing.. How about a modern orange, like the Burnt orange, maybe a candy..

Im going down that route my self, with painting my bug.. Its not impossible to do your self.. I seen you have a compressor, just need the right enviroment and knowlege... And loads cheaper too..

Good luck on what you do..Its looking great...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
WOW!.. your an icon, your dedication!!, Ive just read the thread. Love to see your Bug one day, perhaps when im at bugjam. Great work, you should be proud.. You need a decent paint job, it would be a cherry on the icing.. How about a modern orange, like the Burnt orange, maybe a candy..

Im going down that route my self, with painting my bug.. Its not impossible to do your self.. I seen you have a compressor, just need the right enviroment and knowlege... And loads cheaper too..

Good luck on what you do..Its looking great...
Thanks mate! I will wander over and have a look at your resto :) the colour is now bought... sadly its not an orange (it was a very tough choice) but im way happy with how it will hopefully turn out.
Bugjam is gonna be fun this year. hopefully there will be no mud but even if there is im sure everyone will have just as much of a good time :)

I didn't know they done that, I hope it doesn't happen to mine.:eek:
yeah 500 is the limit.. not sure why this one is still open though haha. i have started another thread now.

where can i get this stencil??
i think i got it from the old hoodride site - it was a pdf that you printed and then cut out. i dont think i have it any more but if i do i will let you know and send you it if you cant find it.

ok pt 2 thread started here

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Locked on request (500 posts) :)

501 - 513 of 513 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.