Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having only just aquired my 1970 bay, i thought its about ime i showed every one what a FREE bay looks like!:)

The father-in-law was given (FREE) a bay about 8 years ago by an elderly gentleman who just wanted rid of it (to old for him to drive or he was to old to drive) anyway we wanted it back then but the wifes nephew was given first offer so we relented and let him have it. It was driven to the farm where they live and parked up.
Fast forward 8 years and it was still parked up so i made an enquiry and was told if i wanted it it was mine to take away. A 380 mile round trip and the bay is now stood on my drive.

Its going to be a rolling resto (i know everyone say this but its going to be my daily (eventually) so will be doing things as they need it)
The interior was just thrown in the back so i removed everything and tried to refit to see what it looked like, its in but not fastened down.
The engine hadn't run for the 8 years that it had stood for so, a new bosch blue coil, new leads, plugs, points, condensor and a blow back up the fuel pipe, statically set the timing and with a newly charged battery and a turn of the key and it fired up.
Up next the brakes as it in the way where it is on the drive and i need to move it to the other side.
Once these are sorted then its bodywork time

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
so whats the deal with it bein on a late 71 plate?

if you need any bits give me a shout, got a growing collection of parts that ive upgraded so the old stuffs gotta go ;)

looks pretty good for 8 years in a field though!

and am i right in thinking its a converted panel? cant see the window recesses

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FREE.......You lucky sod.

Nice aquisition there, wish i could drop on something like that....Cresent intakes, small back lights..knee pads in the engine bay, nice. :D
Knee pads, oh boy do they make things easier, think that anyone doing any work outside on the floor will find these a god send

·
Registered
884 Posts
Christ!! :eek: The only deal better than a freebie is if they pay you to take it away........and that's pretty unlikely:rolleyes: Right result!

Keep us posted with the progress on the resto/rebuild! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts