Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have spare gear box but it has a strainge code number, so i just wondered if anyone on here has any ideas

you cant reaty see it in the pic, but it is 0254155 there isnt a 2 letter code anywhere, its a swingarm it that helps

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for that, the guy i got it from did mension it was from a 1500,

he also said it had 'long' axles which are apparently more sought after, is ther any way to check this?

any idea how much it may be worth,

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for that, the guy i got it from did mension it was from a 1500,

he also said it had 'long' axles which are apparently more sought after, is ther any way to check this?

any idea how much it may be worth,

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I think he got the axle thing the wrong way around, usually short axles are more sought after?

One way you can check if it is a 1500 is by removing the drain plug and counting the teeth on the ring gear.

33 teeth is 1500
35 teeth is 1200

But to be honest i would say it is unlikely to be a 1500, so don't take his word for it...but you might be lucky;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi, thanks for that, but which drain plug? in my pic is it the one on the left, ie. betreen the axles, or the one on the rite, just below wher the number is?

and yes i think you are probably rite about the axle lengths

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi, ive counted the teeth and there are 33,

why did 63 ragtop say its unlikley to be from a 1500, are they rare, or is there somthing speciat about them,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.