Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few people have commented OMG what have you bought I though I'd let you all see what I parted with hard earned cash for!!!

He was found in a barn in Sweden where he sat from 1974 (see his tax disc). Nomad VW imported him (some of you may recognise him) as Jon is a friend and local guy and has some of the most awesome cars!

So here ya go

What its all about a bit of metal in the back of the screen

Tha vehicle inspector doing his job

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luckily for me some of the rarer Zwitter only stuff is still there and Jon is kindle helping mewith what isn't there including lending me an interior!

So yeah it needs some work but it will be at Stanford Hall I just need to decide on what to do with the paint and if anybody can tell me what Lagos means that'd be great!

keep an eye out for the updates as the work gets on!

Emma

For anybody interested Jon's site is here but call him he has more than is on the site by far!
http://www.nomadvw.co.uk/

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I've restored much worse ;) keep the faith and get another one back on the road!

Look forwards to admiring it at Standford Hall :hangloose

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leec said:
Looks good,
Whats your plans for it?
Lee
Get it on the road as is for next season with my 1700 type 4 race engine in it to see what it can do (it ran 17's in a split so I am hoping for better!) and then maybe who knows make it beatiful for next year!

Its cool I feel very humble to own it!

Emma

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,209 Posts
Looks good to me! I've got what I fear is much worse sitting waiting for me at the back of the garage - and that's a 71!

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
:D <---- is my reaction, very jelous though, remember me want you when you driving round in your amazing car :crazy: if i wasnt spending all my money on a engine that im prob gunna blow up after 5 minutes id seriously want one :hug:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
l.a.r.d said:
go girl................... sounds like you got a master plan , any help you need with the type4 install iam only a phone call away, looking forward to seeing this all typ 4 ord up. all the best Lee.
The type 4 is currently in my vert, but with the extra weigh of the vert I'll know it'll run better times in the Zwitter!

Its the gearbox thats throwing me - I wanna box to take the increased power but wanna keep short axles as I wanna run banded wide 5's. Any advice???

It surprising how solid the car is given that it is 53 years old and has been in a barn for the last 32 years. I myself have seen cars that were produced around the time Zwit rolled into a barn and they are in much worse condition!

Cheers guys for all the positives I really thought people would think I was mad!

Emma

·
Banned
4,064 Posts
emmz....... gearbox, get your self a post 72 type1 box , and some short axels and tubes from a early 60.s bug, and remove 70,s axels and tubes fit short ones , and FORGET I MEAN FORGET the banded rims NO GO. imho. brezel bugs dont do banded rims . full stop, and they are illegal i think these days . see ya, Lee.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You need to get a built box for your bug, then you can fit short axles and tubes to them. expect to pay about £600 ish

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
looks good

must say tho, im a bit gutted as jon was ment to be contacting me about this and i told him i would have it with out seeing it! he has allways been naff at contacting people back

1 - 20 of 26 Posts