Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Very nice :) Love the last "projections" one

1. Allow users to click on the black squares representing each photo
2. Add a page of thumbnails
3. You need a proper back button on the pages. A good website design means people don't need to use their browser buttons
4. Add big pics for desktops :)
5. Add some pics of your wife. At night. With no clothes.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hermand said:
Very nice :) Love the last "projections" one

1. Allow users to click on the black squares representing each photo
2. Add a page of thumbnails
3. You need a proper back button on the pages. A good website design means people don't need to use their browser buttons
4. Add big pics for desktops :)
5. Add some pics of your wife. At night. With no clothes.
Cheers - glad you like the photos! :)

1. Aye, thats the one thing that was too complicated to sort in director - working on an alternative tho!

2. Good idea, will look into it!

3. There is one! two actually... :incheek: :D

4. Well if you think people would want them as their desktop images...? :elvis:

5. She'd kill me! :D

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
shadowplay_79 said:
3. There is one! two actually... :incheek: :D

4. Well if you think people would want them as their desktop images...? :elvis:

5. She'd kill me! :D
3 - oh yes, so there are :)
4 - I would and I'm sure others too :)
5 - Darn

·
Registered
26,802 Posts
cool site.....ive recently lost my entire portfolio....due to 'puter problems....needless to say i backup weddings and stuff.....but my personal stuff...my passion for images was lost entirely.....ive only a few random that ive uploaded.....must get out and do more nightime stuff....goto try my new tripod and latest camera(im in a bit of a film phase at the minute) :D the only night image i didnt loose are these

and other random stuff i had on photobucket :rolleyes:

what equipment do you use?

very cool site BTW.....i would love a site that worked as smooth as that....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Very cool indeed!!

Desktops pics please!

Is that as they came off the camera? how did you get the colours to stay that true? or did you photoshop them? :)

sorry for all the questions.. just very interested :D

Cheers,

Mieko.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BUDGET BUS said:
cool site.....ive recently lost my entire portfolio....due to 'puter problems....needless to say i backup weddings and stuff.....but my personal stuff...my passion for images was lost entirely.....ive only a few random that ive uploaded.....must get out and do more nightime stuff....goto try my new tripod and latest camera(im in a bit of a film phase at the minute) :D the only night image i didnt loose are these:

very cool site BTW.....i would love a site that worked as smooth as that....
Cheers for the comments! :)

I'd be absolutely gutted if I lost ANY of my photos, never mind all of them. :( Was there absolutely no way of retrieving them? Liking the look of those night shots. :)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rat69bug said:
Very cool indeed!!

Desktops pics please!

Is that as they came off the camera? how did you get the colours to stay that true? or did you photoshop them? :)

sorry for all the questions.. just very interested :D

Cheers,

Mieko.
Hi Mieko, thanks for looking, glad you like it! The colours are all as they were on the night - I'm constantly surprised at the amount of different colours in the night sky!! There's an explanation (rant!) on my technique etc HERE. :)

·
Registered
26,802 Posts
shadowplay_79 said:
Cheers for the comments! :)

I'd be absolutely gutted if I lost ANY of my photos, never mind all of them. :( Was there absolutely no way of retrieving them? Liking the look of those night shots. :)
no dead HD :( wouldnt be as bothered but its the second time its happened........well sort of.....i used to keep low res backups on my ISP webspace......NTL lost them all.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
so what camera you using.... :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
er...one tiny problem, your site doesn't work on a Mac In Safari or Firefox. Firefox comes up and says you need a plug-in. You click to download the plug-in but nothing happens :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
Excellent work, really nice to see some original work. :D Any special techniques or are quite traditional and go with long exposures? :) What about reciprocation law? How does this affect yr exposures?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BUDGET BUS said:
no dead HD :( wouldnt be as bothered but its the second time its happened........well sort of.....i used to keep low res backups on my ISP webspace......NTL lost them all.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
so what camera you using.... :D
OUCH! :( I've been meaning to make a backup of my stuff for a while, will do it soon as!!

I use a variety of equipment, all the b&w stuff is shot on a hasselblad 500c/m. The colour stuff is also shot on the hassy, sometimes a pentax 35mm and more often than not a sony digital compact! It's 8 megapixel so I can get big prints (A1 & A2) from that which look spot on.

Just had a quick look at your site, some nice stuff on there - will give it a proper look when I get a chance! :)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i_am_stewart said:
er...one tiny problem, your site doesn't work on a Mac In Safari or Firefox. Firefox comes up and says you need a plug-in. You click to download the plug-in but nothing happens :(
Get a PC then!! :incheek: :D

Only kidding, I've tried it on a couple of macs to see if it worked OK and they were generally fine. I can only recommend that you download the latest shockwave from HERE and that should hopefully sort things out.

If that doesn't solve the problems your internet security settings could be the problem - try adjusting your activeX controls. Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
twoinadub said:
Excellent work, really nice to see some original work. :D Any special techniques or are quite traditional and go with long exposures? :) What about reciprocation law? How does this affect yr exposures?
Cheers!! In most of the photos the lighting is 'as it was' - streetlights, full moon, ambient light etc but on some (mainly the B&W) I've used handheld flash and sometimes torchlight.

Obviously reciprocity failure is not a problem with digital shots but for the film shots I just guess the exposure :D and make sure I bracket each shot. Ensures that at least one of the exposures is useable!

Just had a quick look on your site as well, again some really nice shots on there - seems theres a fair few talented photographers on VZi!! :D

·
Registered
26,802 Posts
shadowplay_79 said:
OUCH! :( I've been meaning to make a backup of my stuff for a while, will do it soon as!!

I use a variety of equipment, all the b&w stuff is shot on a hasselblad 500c/m. The colour stuff is also shot on the hassy, sometimes a pentax 35mm and more often than not a sony digital compact! It's 8 megapixel so I can get big prints (A1 & A2) from that which look spot on.

Just had a quick look at your site, some nice stuff on there - will give it a proper look when I get a chance! :)
i aint updated for ages (most of the images were not up to my current standard).....its more of a buisiness card type of thing....im building up a proper portfolio.....to launch a full website next year....

i might have a go at medium format next year....theres some right bargains on ebay...mams and 'blads......im curently shooting with a 350D,30d,eos 30,AV1,and my latest toy an 80s AE1.....(i love my canons.)
REALLY getting into darkroom stuff at the minute though....just learnt recentl to dev and print.......it really is magic watching images apear in the dev tray..... :) fuck nows how early photogs felt ....must have been like alchemy :eek:

on a side note ive just taken delivery of a new tripod(i use manfrottos all the time) but not really into the recent build quality/price....so i bought a SLIK AMT 700DX .....i early recommend one.....its built like a tank and has a real smooth head... :D

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BUDGET BUS said:
i aint updated for ages (most of the images were not up to my current standard).....its more of a buisiness card type of thing....im building up a proper portfolio.....to launch a full website next year....

i might have a go at medium format next year....theres some right bargains on ebay...mams and 'blads......im curently shooting with a 350D,30d,eos 30,AV1,and my latest toy an 80s AE1.....(i love my canons.)
REALLY getting into darkroom stuff at the minute though....just learnt recentl to dev and print.......it really is magic watching images apear in the dev tray..... :) fuck nows how early photogs felt ....must have been like alchemy :eek:

on a side note ive just taken delivery of a new tripod(i use manfrottos all the time) but not really into the recent build quality/price....so i bought a SLIK AMT 700DX .....i early recommend one.....its built like a tank and has a real smooth head... :D
Aye, you can't beat film - I've not been able to shoot black and white since quitting uni as I've not had any facilities to process or print so I'm looking at getting hold of a cheap darkroom setup and put it in the attic!

I got my hassy really cheap on ebay with a 50mm lens and a back - the zeiss lenses are absoultely amazing. I've since added an 80mm lens and various other accessories to that. I've used bronicas as well which are a good introduction to medium format.

Well keep us updated on your new site, look forward to seeing it. Andy :)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
badbeachbuggy said:
a sense of eirie loneliness that you get in the middle of the night :)
I normally find cracking one out solves that problem...oh wait, thats not what you meant was it? :eek: :eek: :D :incheek:

Cheers for looking! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts