Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers side tail light is not working but the brake light is I have replaced the bulb I havr checked with a multi meter and there is no live feed to the tail light. The backlight in the speedo is also not working which due to it keep blowing the fuse is this related to the tail light ?

Does anyone have any advice ?

·
Registered
18,482 Posts
Yes, on your '68 Bay, there is a separate fuse for the driver's
side tail.

This is probably not related to the backlight as there is no
fuse supplying it(them).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on a 72 GT bug with early lights
which fuse is the the feed from the back lights connected to ?

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
J.D.W. said:
which fuse is the the feed from the back lights connected to ?
The one that's blown. ;) Check the wires inside the rear light unit first, it's easy for one of them to be touching to earth somewhere, there's not much free space with early lights. Check the wires/ connections to your number plate light too, the feed for that comes from the same rearlight.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Number plate light !

Thanks I've solved it my decklid is clipped on and can be taken completely off I have only had the bug a week (1st bug) and when the seller took off the decklid he must have put it back on with the number plate connectors the wrong way round which was causing it to blow fuses which was also linked to my speedo back light not working but this had not come apparent until the cut out box had been replaced as the battery was not charging and the voltage was too low to blow the fuse. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts