Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Hull on the weekend for the multi story car show :) It was good, but the highlight of the weekend was our trip out in Hull.

I really was expecting the worst from all I've heard, but it was GREAT!!!! The town center was great :D Some really nice buildings, great atmosphere, friendly people and great pubs :D

We were very lucky to have a guided tour from the outcast vdc who did their very best to show us a great time.

I can really recommend Hull as a great night out, with lots of different pubs and clubs and nice low prices (ticked off a few pubs from the good beer guide too) :D

Thanks again guys :D

Naomi

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Fat Les said:
did you go to Spiders? Awesome place :crazy:
lol many good nights in spiders :eek: my sister use to be at uni in hull and I'd be up there all the time for the nights out!

The was a working mens club we use to go to every Sunday morning, 20p to get in and lets just say the entertainment was quite an eye opener ;)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It may have logded its self in my memory somewhere but I cant remember cocktails never mind jelly sweets :lol:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
That was Saturday night, in the centre of Hull. Busy night, plenty of people about, and police presence.

Should've been driven a mile or so out of the centre to one or two other areas, and dropped off to make your own way home. Would've been entertainment of a different sort.
To appreciate how bad Hull can be, you have to spend a few days and nights there. Then compare the amount of crap you see and hear in those few days, and the amount of chavy scum, to anywhere else you've lived.
It's true that everywhere has bad areas, and are mainly good. But Hull's the other way around. Mainly bad, with a few good areas.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hull's not the bad place some people would have you believe. I survived Spiders, and also used to frequent the Lamp bar/club which was most cool :D

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr_Wobble said:
That was Saturday night, in the centre of Hull. Busy night, plenty of people about, and police presence.

Should've been driven a mile or so out of the centre to one or two other areas, and dropped off to make your own way home. Would've been entertainment of a different sort.
To appreciate how bad Hull can be, you have to spend a few days and nights there. Then compare the amount of crap you see and hear in those few days, and the amount of chavy scum, to anywhere else you've lived.
It's true that everywhere has bad areas, and are mainly good. But Hull's the other way around. Mainly bad, with a few good areas.
Well I didn't see anything at all, no chavy shitty behaviour, only one fight (two pentioners outside a social club :lol: ) there were police about. BUT, compairing it to the 3 other places I know well/have lived Ipswich, Doncaster and Chelmsford, I thought it was really nice. :D

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Going to Spiders on Saturday 13th of January for my birthday :D

Bransholme is a nice area of Hull, used to love playing rugby there :incheek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts