Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Can anyone help and identify these wheels. Possibly 1960s or 1970s. They are 130 X 5 PCD and will fit 911. They are 14 inch diameter. They are marked Alcan on the rear.
Anyone know the make, model, year & rarity? An info gratefully received. Thank you.

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
They look like Firestone BRM's to me.

They were made by the Firestone factory.

They came in various bolt patterns and diameters and were available around 1973 and were £10.33 each with 50p delivery for a set of 4!

i've got a sales advert for them somewhere.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
da' Fandango said:
They look like Firestone BRM's to me.

They were made by the Firestone factory.

They came in various bolt patterns and diameters and were available around 1973 and were £10.33 each with 50p delivery for a set of 4!

i've got a sales advert for them somewhere.
Crikey, £10.33 each :eek:

I'll give you £30 for the 4 :incheek:

·
Registered
939 Posts
those scimmy rims are by dunlop if i remember right??

They are 2 piece with alloy centre & chrome steel rim!! :D

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Impy said:
those scimmy rims are by dunlop if i remember right??

They are 2 piece with alloy centre & chrome steel rim!! :D
That's right

Dunlop Composites or something similar

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
England To Everest said:
YUM

am loving these, anyone have any idea on what sizes they were produced in?
They were available in 13, 14 and 15 inch. Not sure if all the widths were 5.5's though.

They were available in VW 4 stud pattern - the ones in the first pic I posted are 15x5.5J and were on a mate's bug but are now on his 411.

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
da' Fandango said:
They were available in 13, 14 and 15 inch. Not sure if all the widths were 5.5's though.

They were available in VW 4 stud pattern - the ones in the first pic I posted are 15x5.5J and were on a mate's bug but are now on his 411.
cheers dude :D

never seen thses before, very tasty looking rim and early seventies :D here's praying they did a 6 or 7 J set of 15's :D

·
Banned
4,064 Posts
in the first pic and the start of the post the rims where for a k70 or an nsu, dont no who made them , but ive owned a set of 5 before in the mid 90,s i sold them to a porsche nut by the name of ian mcmarth, these may be the same ones, the 5 x130 pcd ones are super rare. all the best Lee.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,918 Posts
they probably wern,t made in anything wider than a 6",as back then there wern,t tyres wide enough to cover big rims.alcan made a few styles of alloy in thier own brand and for other people,as well as their well known trade in turkey wrappers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts