1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,973 Posts
Crikey now that's an expensive pile up

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
few of my mates were out there this weekend and there were two big crashes in two days that shut the ring, this must have been one of them.

No refunds on you ring pass either so he sat most of the days with 90 euros worth of credit burning a hole in his pocket unable to do anything.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I wonder if all the drivers involved had insured their cars correctly for driving the 'ring?:eek:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
i reckon the vette caused it, see the bend coming up and realised yank cars dont go round corners and panicked!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Your insured anyway unless your policy specifically states 'no Nurburgring use' as its a one way toll road and not a track.
I wouldn't be so confident on that. A lot of insurers are refusing claims for Nurburgring accidents and including small print in policies such as:

'not for use on Nurburgring'
'not covered on unrestricted toll roads'
'not covered on roads also used as race tracks'
'not covered when car is driven in an abnormal manner'
'not covered for time-trials'
'not covered for speeds in excess of...'
'only covered for normal road driving'
'only when driven in accordance with vehicle design'
'only when driven in a legal manner' (losing control or overtaking on right would invalidate policy in German Law)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I wouldn't be so confident on that. A lot of insurers are refusing claims for Nurburgring accidents and including small print in policies such as:

'not for use on Nurburgring'
'not covered on unrestricted toll roads'
'not covered on roads also used as race tracks'
'not covered when car is driven in an abnormal manner'
'not covered for time-trials'
'not covered for speeds in excess of...'
'only covered for normal road driving'
'only when driven in accordance with vehicle design'
'only when driven in a legal manner' (losing control or overtaking on right would invalidate policy in German Law)
Yeah your right; a lot of companies are catching on and including these clauses but I've always checked the small print before purchasing insurance to make sure I'm covered. I even ask the person on the phone directly if they'll be a problem with driving on the ring.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Yeah your right; a lot of companies are catching on and including these clauses but I've always checked the small print before purchasing insurance to make sure I'm covered. I even ask the person on the phone directly if they'll be a problem with driving on the ring.
Sensible call, it's definitely worth a check before heading to the 'ring as the costs can be excessive if something happens.

BTW, how many people nowadays are running the 'ring boot stickers on a car that has never even seen a ring-road?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
429 Posts
done the ring loads and you just need to watch out for other cars and just drive within your limits and don't act like a dick like some of the drivers i have seen being.Its an awesome place but you want take out track cover if you can that covers you incase it goes tits up or hire a car from rent a race car at the ring.I nearly hit a biker once as he braked so hard coming into a fast corner he dropped the bike in front of me and slid onto the grass,one guy put his mini over into the trees too.
its a great place but always take care and don't be a dick

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.