Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i wanna hire a camper and tour but expencive

hered you can buy campers and sell them back any one else heard of this over in oz

cheers

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
You could go one better - buy it, use it, ship it back to UK and sell it at a profit!

There probably are buy-it-back guys out there - but I'd guess they'd charge about 15-20% to buy it back, so that would be around £1000 -£1500 perhaps?

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,573 Posts
There used to be a garage near Kings Cross in Sydney that used to sell them, and guaranteed a buy back price for you.

That was over 10 years ago tho' so not sure if the are still there.

Maybe called Kings cross campers or something.

I just bought my camper at the car park in Kings cross - we had no problems selling it when it came to leaving and it pretty much paid for itself.

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
monkey said:
There used to be a garage near Kings Cross in Sydney that used to sell them, and guaranteed a buy back price for you.

That was over 10 years ago tho' so not sure if the are still there.

Maybe called Kings cross campers or something.

I just bought my camper at the car park in Kings cross - we had no problems selling it when it came to leaving and it pretty much paid for itself.
long gone ...

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,573 Posts
spiny said:
long gone ...
Like I say it was over 10 years ago...
Doesn't surprise me. They were expensive and the vans weren't the best.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Check out the hostels they always have loads of cars/vans for sale. When we were out there a few years ago, theres a guy called Dr Mosha the VW King, (yeah i know it sounds mad!) was a good guy and helped up when our van went totally tits!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a camper van in Oz when i was travelling, used it for about 6 months then sold it for about the same money. Just put some posters up in hostels or spread the word, there are always travellers looking for camper vans.
There are loads of vw garages along the routes, so i never had any problems finding parts.
Just make sure you take it easy in the van, lots of long, long, hot, long roads.

Brings back loads of great memories. I'm so jealous!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts