Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for me, for M/A/D :D

He's keen to get one done on his stomach (he's braver than me lol) and wants me to come up with something for him.

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of some good tattoo sites??

I also need recommendations for respected tattoo artists who arn't booked up until Feb next year. I looked at Louis Malloy's site (David Beckham's tattooist) but unsurprisingly, he's booked up till Feb/March 2007. Not too bothered about location, to be honest as we can travel. I also like the work of Jo Harrison at Modern Body Art in Brum, but she's very choosy about who she tattoos, and has a long waiting list.

Any ideas/recommendations appreciated!

·
Registered
757 Posts
What about a circle of ships around his tummy botton.....call it his Navel Fleet!!! :crazy:

Sorry, I'll get me coat!!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jayne said:
What about a circle of ships around his tummy botton.....call it his Navel Fleet!!! :crazy:

Sorry, I'll get me coat!!
:lol:

I was thinking more on his left side going down to his groin area, actually!

(God, I'm gonna regret starting this thread) ;D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I could be wrong but I think most artists worth looking at are going to be booked up for a couple of months at least.

To be honest I'd be a bit curious with any that don't have a waiting list as to why they're not in demand.

Trust me, having had bad tattoos done in the past coz I was too impatient to wait I can guarantee it's well worth waiting for the artist you want rather than the one that can get you in quickest :D

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
if its on the chest area then it has to be a picture of Alan Partridge

·
Registered
309 Posts
[[cbr*faerie]] said:

He's keen to get one done on his stomach (he's braver than me lol) and wants me to come up with something for him.

I also need recommendations for respected tattoo artists who arn't booked up until Feb next year. I looked at Louis Malloy's site (David Beckham's tattooist) but unsurprisingly, he's booked up till Feb/March 2007. Not too bothered about location, to be honest as we can travel. I also like the work of Jo Harrison at Modern Body Art in Brum, but she's very choosy about who she tattoos, and has a long waiting list.

If you can wait until Feb next year then do so. Louis Molloy is a brilliant artist and has done quite a few of my friends tattoos ( I only live 5 mins drive away from his Studio ). I want him to do my next tattoo for my 35th birthday next year :D

·
Registered
156 Posts

no sorry just found that out its at the top of the chat bit now :crazy:

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Purple Niki said:
I could be wrong but I think most artists worth looking at are going to be booked up for a couple of months at least.

To be honest I'd be a bit curious with any that don't have a waiting list as to why they're not in demand.
I had my only tatt (so far) done earlier this year. I walked into the place with a picture, hoping to leave it with them to work on/ have a chat about it/ check out some of their previous work etc.

To cut a long story short he sat me in the chair and got on with it :D

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
[[cbr*faerie]] said:

how about this one?

The round circle is his belly button.....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Purple Niki said:

Trust me, having had bad tattoos done in the past coz I was too impatient to wait I can guarantee it's well worth waiting for the artist you want rather than the one that can get you in quickest :D
:D nik,i thought you'd typed bi curious,must get my eyes tested again :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
the guy at indigo is awsome. saw him doing some portraits at a couple of conventions, he was using single needles for detail of eyes lips ect. nice!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts