Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Am having trouble with the running of my 1965 bug. Plugs, points, leads, dymo, carb all working fine. Had pressure test done and all showing the correct pressure but he is still only running on 3 to 3 1/2cylinders. He is running very flat.
Has anyone got any ideas of what to check next? There is a thought that it maybe the head but if it turns out to be this, may be a case of dub heaven for my beloved bug, have had him 5 yrs now and really don't want to say goodbye, so I really need someone to come up with some ideas of what else I can look at.
thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
886 Posts
welcome to vzi, really you want air cooled tech for this but it would be worth checking the valve clearances as they tighten up rather than loosen up and this will cause this issue also has the ignition timing been set correctly, dont rule out the fuel filter, change it as a matter of course. also a cylinder leakage test rather than compression test is the best way of finding a faulty cylinder on aircooled in my experience.
Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.