Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a period radio for my bug and i notice that some are negative earth only and some are negative/postivie earth switchable......Can anybody enlighten me as to what the difference is and how i can find out what will work with my 1970 Bug?

Cheers
Robert

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moby5153 said:
Your Beetle is negative earth. Most early Blaupunkt radios are switchable to either. Blaupunkt radios are good quality, and were nearly always stock fitting in Europe.
There are a few different Blaupunkt models that I am looking at just now and it seems that any of these will work for me then :D A couple have a 6 pin DIN connection too, Im guessing that it would be fairly easy to hook up some other auxiluary input to this too (iPod for example) But then how do you switch between radio and aux? Im only looking at working radios so want to be able to use both.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
If you get one of the FM transmitters for your iPod then you can play it through your radio (assuming it has FM band on it).
Don't know when FM became available on car radios so that mightn't be an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts