Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok going to be fitting my new 1600 any tips on running in, does the cam need to be broken in? anything else i need to look out for?

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,995 Posts
rob mcreedie said:
ok going to be fitting my new 1600 any tips on running in, does the cam need to be broken in? anything else i need to look out for?
Who's the builder/supplier? Ask them if it's been bench run - i would expect that to be done ready to go

:)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Fitted one to mine in Oct 05. Didn't break the cam in and its running ok after 25,000 miles. Found it took well over a minute (it takes a lot less with a recon!) to get oil pressure before I started it up tho, make sure your battery is fully charged for this. I ran it in as per the instructions I got and followed veges as well. Did an oil change at 200 miles to flush any swarf that might be lurking out.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
VAN72 said:
What did yous guys do about a thermostat. My gsf engine, about to fit today, doesn't have the mount bolt ?
Wired the flaps open and didn't fit it, didn't fancy drilling the case, thought if I had to make a warranty claim in the first 12 months then I'd have to sort something out to make it look like one had been fitted. Don't really need one, just takes a bit longer to warm up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts