Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello new on the site i've come on cos peeps keep saying good things about it :) .for my first post i wanted to know what the air cooled dudes think of new bugs??? and would you ever swap ya air cooled ride ????. i have a new cab my pics are on www.pimpincab.piczo.com what ya think ? .p.s i was an old dubber so be nice ;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,449 Posts
bad cab said:
hello new on the site i've come on cos peeps keep saying good things about it :) .for my first post i wanted to know what the air cooled dudes think of new bugs??? and would you ever swap ya air cooled ride ????. i have a new cab my pics are on www.pimpincab.piczo.com what ya think ? .p.s i was an old dubber so be nice ;)
Welcome aboard!

Wouldn't swap but newbies do have their place.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: this forum moves so quick . and is it no comment about nb's then :yawn:

·
Registered
345 Posts
As has already been said, I dont think you'll find too many of us who would swap our aircooled bugs for the newer golf based variants, however they are still nice cars. Welcome to the forum and enjoy it... lots to be learnt here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the welcome ,i had old bugs for 14 years but it got to the point were i needed newer but didn't want a euro box and being into my dubs and running a large bug club for years i bought a nb cab.i think you can compare the nb cabs to the old ones cos they have things in comman - looks wise- just wanted to know what you lot think of them :hangloose

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
welcome, my mum has got a new bug and its a really nice car and i enjoy aving a go in it etc, love my old bug too though!.........so im sitting on the fence

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I quite liked the new bug when it first came out, but nothing is quite like the air-cooled bug and as time goes by I've started to like the new one less and less. So, I wouldn't swap. My partner likes the new ones, but I keep referring to them as golfs with skirts - not the most original phrase it it :crazy:

But each to his own, and I'm not slagging off anyone who has a new one. Just not for me.

Yours looks good though ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if ya had a job were ya do lots of miles -m/way etc..- and you could drive ya full resto old school car and kill it and only get 15 mpg or buy a nice nb ? dont ya think the nb would be first pick and there still cool, i bought other watercooled vw's as run arounds but then i just didn't use my old bug so it went , i do miss old bugs (not the cold and damp ;) ) and i 'm still into the scene but i'd only have another as a weekend toy ,cos new cars are so nice to drive i just couldn't give them up ,it would be like giving up ya car to go on the bus ,i just wouldn't do it :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hello newbie, i would rather have anything at the moment even a robin reliant, bloo keeps putting holes in my car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts