Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whilst i was happily fitteing a new engine lid to my bay yesterday one of our neighbours came past and said he wanted a quiet word with me. thought it a bit strange as he used to race stock cars so understood the need for tinkering with cars. he then tells me that he has had people from the other end of the street moaning to him about the noise i make whilst working on the bay, namely the grinding and banging. from what he told me there are about 3 or 4 of them getting the arse. one of them apparently has already reported me to the council and the others are soon to follow suit.

now the basis for their action is that they heard on the news of some new law that governs noise during weekends. apparently it is or will be you right to suffer no noise at all on a saturday and sunday. now i havent heard anything of the sort and cant find anything to do with it online. anyone got any idea what they are on about?

this all stems from my 2 week crusade to get my bay from scrap to mot where i was working on it from 10am to 3pm everyday except sundays. i havent made any noise at all for 4 weeks now so i guess this was an old complaint.

funnily enough these are the same people who go deaf and blind when the kids are riding wheelie bins down the street or doing a spot of rallying on the play ground!

just needed to know where i stand before i go and take a shit on their doorsteps!

·
Registered
480 Posts
sound bizzare to me. Never hear anything about that one. Let me know if you do cause it could lead to huge can of worms being opened.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
optimus primer said:
apparently it is or will be you right to suffer no noise at all on a saturday and sunday.
I suppose they'll will be closing Heathrow at weekends then :) .
It sound like a case of wishfull thinking on their part to me.

·
25 character limit is cra
6,631 Posts
DarrenW said:
Good luck cutting your grass in the summer with scissors :lol:
Isn't there a law in Germany where you're not allowed to mow the grass on a Sunday?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I remember a law earlier this year that either came in or one that was going through the system. Something to do with neighbourhood behaviour. Only bits I can remember are bins must be put out ONLY on pick up day, not the night before. And something about working on cars on the street outside your house, don't think noise was the problem just the mess factor.
If council says anything I would just act surprised and apologise to the council, and say you spent a few days repairing your car in time for your holiday. Just a one-off not a regular thing. Then tell the spineless neighbours to fuck off :hangloose

·
Registered
607 Posts
[you right to suffer no noise at all on a saturday and sunday. [/QUOTE]

So there's not going to be any pubs/bars/drunk people near any residential sites anywhere anymore????

I used to live near a foghorn too - will that now only work mon-fri 9-5?

I think they're trying to pull a fast one.....

Unless you've taken up grinding in the dark, they'd have a hard job getting that one through the courts.... ;)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from past experience of making noise complaints and what actually happens i aint that worried. we were told to keep a diary of the noise to back up our claims. in thier case its going to be an empty diary as i havent done anything for 4 weeks!

i might get the grinder out at random times to keep them on their toes!!

thing is if they came to me and told me it was getting to be a problem i would have been more than reasonable and sorted it, but as is the way round here they bitch amongst themselves instead of being good neighbours!

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
optimus primer said:
thing is if they came to me and told me it was getting to be a problem i would have been more than reasonable and sorted it, but as is the way round here they bitch amongst themselves instead of being good neighbours!
Its the same everywhere these days.. :(

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I,m a great believer in the pre-emptive strike.

Get on the PC and type up a letter to all you neighbours and ask them to pass on your apologies for any noise caused.

Make about 7 or 8 copies and keep a copy for yourself.

If you get any problems,you,ll have covered your ass.

No one is going to think you an inconsiderate bastard if you let eveyone know about your weekend hobby.

RALPH.,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts