Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Bless you, motherfuckers
25,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a Nigerian scam email for a while now... I guess my filtering gets rid of them, but whenever I do get one I always email back and try to get the ball rolling with them... usually I get one, maybe two replies, but the latest one has gone the furthest so far and we have got to the bit where I need to send some money by Western Union for the admin fee...

I have stalled them on the money for the time being (saying its the weekend, so no banking) and just started to send emails with some concerns about whether I can trust them... I've sent a copy of 'my passport' and have asked for some id from them to show trust. Lets see what comes back and if it looks anything like the saucy pictures of the Philipino mistress of the African official who died suddenly.

Hopefully I'll be able to get them to take a photo of themselves holding up a card with something stupid on it... they obviously don't read the emails fully as I have been using catchphrases from 70s and 80s TV shows as sign offs.

Anyone else 'play' with these scam emails?

BTW - in case you think I'm daft for using my own email address... I have a gmail account just for these ;)

·
Bless you, motherfuckers
25,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll post a blow by blow exchange of emails if it starts to get interesting... its all a bit boring, sounding sincere at the moment... they've normally had their emails accounts deleted by the time I reply to them, no wonder they are keen to get a move on. I only got the email a couple of days ago and forgot to check for replies and now they want me to send the money today so they can get the trunk of money dispatched tomorrow and with me by 15:00 on Sunday (from The Ivory Coast!)

·
Registered
612 Posts
trunk of money?:lol: what did they say you had won this or inhereted it or something?:lol:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I used to work in a place where I did Western Union transactions, and you'd be surprised the amount of people that fall for it... even now.
Needless to say, Western Union policy was to deny transactions if they were suspicious

·
Registered
25,876 Posts
dammit, i forgot to claim my money back from the U-nited Nations. might still have the message....

·
Premium Member
44,480 Posts
I lived in a town just outside of Lagos for 3 years.

I could wax lyrical for hours about how bad it is. It is MUCH better and safer now than it was in the 80's though.

Few basic facts.

The Police are the most corrupt of all.

Black people would fight to work for a white man who would at least treat them with dignity and respect.

Life was very cheap.

'Body day' was Tuesday in our town. If you were killed or murdered on a Wednesday, your body would lie by the side of the road for 6 days.

You had rienforced steel gates at the top and bottom of your stairs, bars in your window, and steel plates in your roof.

You'd have at least one of your night watchmen murdered every month or so.

Your driver wouldn't leave the house unless you carried a suitable bribe in the back of the car to offer the M16 armed policeman who would shoot your driver there and then if you didn't give him something.

I could go on.....

I certainly had a broad and varied horizon when I returned to my local junior school when we got back. Somewhow, arguing over a football seemed somewhat 'trivial'.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,464 Posts
I used to do a bit of baiting myself, still do now and again. Although I'd only do "straight" baiting - ie: timewasting for the scammer type baiting, I'm not into the whole "humiliating photograph" stuff. Never sat right with me for some reason.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,464 Posts
Why not? They're attempting to decieve you out of thousands of pounds of your money - why should you not waste their time?
Oh I know, it shouldn't sit wrong with me, I can't explain it. :lol:

But yeah, I only waste their time rather than going for pics. :)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.