Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
nice :)

what settings did you use? I'm trying to learn about apature, f-stops, etc, though I think I've found the technical limitations of my camera as it won't do a long enough shot to capture a traffic light sequence like yours obviously can :)

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
They're great. What filter do you use to get the lights so 'starry'?

·
Registered
31,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spiny said:
nice :)

what settings did you use? I'm trying to learn about apature, f-stops, etc, though I think I've found the technical limitations of my camera as it won't do a long enough shot to capture a traffic light sequence like yours obviously can :)
Phil, does your kit have a bulb setting in Manual? Gives you a bit more control over length of exposure. I slapped mine in 100iso as it was surprisingly bright, therefore less chance of noise. You've got a tripod, haven't you.. Also get yourself a release cable; I never leave home without it :) Get used to shutter speeds as well. To be honest, I could have taken better photos, but every location I was at, there were drunk people approaching me, and I didn't want to hang about at such a shyte hour...

Beena; the star effect? It's a natural advantage/disadvantage of digital; at least with Fuji anyway...

Passion4; I suppose my day photography is too bright?

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
funky munky said:
Phil, does your kit have a bulb setting in Manual? Gives you a bit more control over length of exposure. I slapped mine in 100iso as it was surprisingly bright, therefore less chance of noise. You've got a tripod, haven't you.. Also get yourself a release cable; I never leave home without it :) Get used to shutter speeds as well. To be honest, I could have taken better photos, but every location I was at, there were drunk people approaching me, and I didn't want to hang about at such a shyte hour...

Beena; the star effect? It's a natural advantage/disadvantage of digital; at least with Fuji anyway...

Passion4; I suppose my day photography is too bright?
My camera is too 'consumer model' to have a cable shutter release, time for a new one I think :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great collection of shots Michael, do you post on ephotozine? If you do I think I've given you a few clicks in the past :D

I havn't been on there for ages due to work and not having the time to post anything up, I post on there as the-collector.

cheers Darren

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
funky munky said:
You take lots of photos, and you enjoy doing so... I'm surprised you haven't bagged yourself a better piece of kit, amigo.. Trust me, especially in your case, it it'll open up your world :)
you are correct :)

what model is your camera ?

·
Registered
31,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slipstream, i've graced their pages a few times; it's a good site, but it's better for rescource than critique. photonet is a bit more hardline and honest.

Phil, I currently have an S9500, but there are upgrades, and equivalents out there.. I'm gona bag something else soon... The S9500 is a fantastic camera, but it is limited to what I'm after...

·
Registered
31,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
b3ardyuk said:
Do you take your pictures early in the morning or late at night?

As I want to done more night photography, but I don't want my kit stolen. Too many sumbags about these days.

John
Hi John (i'll get back to you soon about the email)
The above pics are taken around 'kicking out' time, which was a pain in the butt because of all the drunk passersby.. I take photos at any time, day or night, favourably the hour before and after sunrise and sunset.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Gorgoeus photos Mike - as always!

It's even better for me, as i can see where you took them from - and can relate to the locations etc.. makes me feel 'part' of the whole process... :eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
funky munky said:
Slipstream, i've graced their pages a few times; it's a good site, but it's better for rescource than critique. photonet is a bit more hardline and honest....
photonet :eek: christ I look in on there sometimes and the shear quality of photo's make's me want to use my camera as a door stop :D

darren

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Anyone used Photogalaxy? I'm on there, and they seem to be pretty good at giving honest criticism. Must check out Photonet.

FM - wow, i'm gobsmacked, I really assumed you were using a dslr. I'm even more in awe of your work now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts