Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My son has these occasionally. Scares the shit outta me, you just can't wake him up and he's got his eyes open talking and interacting with scary things that aint there.

Well, I can't see em anyway.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
My little un gets the occasionally, not so much now.

Took him to see the Dr about them and they just said its perfectly normal for most kids to get them.

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one get them in adulthood?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I do occaisionally, but tend to be related to extreme stress, in "the real world." Haven't had one for ages tho

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
alxx_b said:
No one get them in adulthood?
Yeah, my partner was getting them for a while a few years back - and he was in his late twenties then. Happened about half a dozen times, and used to petrify me as it was really disturbing to be woken up in the middle of the night by screams :eek:

I have to say though, sleeping with me, what can you expect? :rolleyes:

Not had them since though :D

·
Banned
18,443 Posts
Luddite said:
My son has these occasionally. Scares the shit outta me, you just can't wake him up and he's got his eyes open talking and interacting with scary things that aint there.

How wierd is this i was going to post a thread about this this morning :eek:

Last night my son was screeming saying his head hurt and then his thumb and pointing at the wall as if some one was there , but he was defo asleep .Its the second time in a month this has hapened THE FIRST TIME I WAS SHITTIN BRICKS i was coing to call an ambulance i was that scared :eek:

The wife recons he is having trublle at school but he is only 5 :(

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Luddite said:

my boys exactly the same ...!! less and less lately though tends to get bad if he's not well.... sees coloured balls floating in the room and all sorts..

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I get them still, probably a couplke of times a year and I'm 27.

Terrify the crap outta me :(

I find they're more likely to happen if I fall asleep on my back, so now always try and sleep on my side.

The worst thing about them is I get that whole thing where you dream you've woken up but you haven't really and it starts all over again *shudder* :(

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Mind you, my eldest's night terrors aren't as bad as the youngest's sleep-pissing. He's done it down the stairs, in the bookcase, on the corner of the bed, once very very neatly in his bin; but the other night I caght him standing at the side of his brother's bed preparing to take a leak on his bro. Not a good scene.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
I suffered with them bad since I was about ten years old, seeing psychologists and all sorts of people to pick my head apart :( Mine usually involved snakes and thinking my bed was full of them, even hitting a partner at the time and no recalling it :crazy:

Touch wood, not had them for a year or more, but my six year old son has had 3 really bad ones and its scary as he looks awake, screaming but he is not awake...and the look of fear in his eyes is horrible. He also has no recollection next day :crazy:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Luddite said:
Mind you, my eldest's night terrors aren't as bad as the youngest's sleep-pissing. He's done it down the stairs, in the bookcase, on the corner of the bed, once very very neatly in his bin; but the other night I caght him standing at the side of his brother's bed preparing to take a leak on his bro. Not a good scene.
That sounds familiar, my sister used to come sit on the edge of my bed, pee on it then go get back in hers.
She was a sleepwalker though, not night-terrors.
They sound well scary :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts