Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok, I have a slight problem with my exhaust ñ its too damn big!!!

I have a mk2 16v golf, with a large Magnex Oval exhaust attached to it.
I have owned this car for getting on 3 years now and the exhaust came on the car.

Heres a pic to show u what i mean:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now that I have lowered the car (only 40mm mind) the piping on the centre section scrapes across speedbumps etc.
This is because the hanger has broken on this section, and I canít seem to get anything to fit! I have been through loads of standard rubber hangers, and they either snap before fitted fully, or shortly after.
I have left it for so long, but it is now MOT time - plus its getting on my tits.

Anyone out there with a Magnex on a mk2 will know what im going thru ñ any tips???

(p.s. i can't afford to swap the exhaust for summat else yet)

Plus, is there any way that I can stop the thing from vibrating constantly when I have more than 2 people in the car?????? THAT NOISE!! UUURRGGGHHH!!!

any help would be good

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
um, it came on the car when i bought it.

i just wondered if anyone can suggest a decent hanger that won't break, or if anyone has any tips for getting it on??? (getting the exhaust on - careful!!)

someone said try a powerflex hanger, but apparently they are bi-atches to get on (like a 4 man job!! ha ha)

Any thoughts anyone??????
as cheap as poss too!! ha ha!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If it's the hanger that has come off it's gonna need welding to the actual exhaust if i understand what your telling us, so just take it to your local exhaust shop and ask for a quotation on what it'll cost, if you dont want to pay it try and find somewhere else or find someone that can weld.

If the noise is annoying you then i'm sure for now you could go and salvage a standard exhaust from the scrap yard :hangloose

·
Registered
55 Posts
you can get poly ones from any decent rally shop. there are loads online. they are hard work to fit but im sure a garage/tyre and exhaust centre will do it for a few quid cash.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers guys, yeah it not the metal hanger mount on the car or exhaust - it the rubber hanger that keeps breakin.

Il have a go with a poly one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts