Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Never been there, but always fancied it!! Supposed to be a great town. :) Have fun!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just been on tourist board, castle museum and the roman-esque cathederal may well be getting a visit :)

·
Registered
6,374 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Ruby Soho said:
just been on tourist board, castle museum and the roman-esque cathederal may well be getting a visit :)
The cathedral is very nice - quite a lot like Durham but on a smaller scale.

Castle I thought was ok but quite expensive for what it is (although I haven't been for about 4 years - living in East Anglia seems such a long time ago!)

If your going to the cathedral be sure to wander a bit further up the road and go to Sound Clash records - top record shop ;) (suppose it depends what kind of music your into but guessing by your user name the punk selection is excellent ;) )

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mr blue bug said:
The cathedral is very nice - quite a lot like Durham but on a smaller scale.

Castle I thought was ok but quite expensive for what it is (although I haven't been for about 4 years - living in East Anglia seems such a long time ago!)

If your going to the cathedral be sure to wander a bit further up the road and go to Sound Clash records - top record shop ;) (suppose it depends what kind of music your into but guessing by your user name the punk selection is excellent ;) )
wow, cheers :D :hangloose

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
if your still in norwich at 8 pm you could do a lot worse than having a pint in the mischief, just down from tombland, cheap deals and best of all me pretending to be a dj :moon: its supposed to be a chill out set with reggea, electronica, laid back hip hop etc, although as i get free beer it usually ends up being a free for all :lol: :lol: come and say hello and request a track or 2 ;) (invite open to all :hug: )
:)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4d said:
if your still in norwich at 8 pm you could do a lot worse than having a pint in the mischief, just down from tombland, cheap deals and best of all me pretending to be a dj :moon: its supposed to be a chill out set with reggea, electronica, laid back hip hop etc, although as i get free beer it usually ends up being a free for all :lol: :lol: come and say hello and request a track or 2 ;) (invite open to all :hug: )
:)
may well do mate, cheers :D

·
Porsche Buffer
11,692 Posts
Ruby Soho said:
There are two Cathedrals, a Gothic Style Catholic one (where I got married and just outisde the centre) and the other one.

It is a beautiful city, great places to visit, great restaurants if you know where to go and good nightlife (not much on a Sunday though!) and great shopping.

Walk round Elm Hill, Tombland etc.

I work away and travel a lot but I adore Norwich and would never not have it in my life.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ruby Soho said:
may well do mate, cheers :D
:) cool
if you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to hear anything in particular, let us know and il make sure i have it at hand :)

oh yeah, forgot to say, norwich is indeed a fine city, the cathedral is cool, the cobbly bits like elm hill etc are cool, and its full of friendly peeps, and loads of v dubs :hangloose

·
Porsche Buffer
11,692 Posts
4d said:
:) cool
if you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to hear anything in particular, let us know and il make sure i have it at hand :)

oh yeah, forgot to say, norwich is indeed a fine city, the cathedral is cool, the cobbly bits like elm hill etc are cool, and its full of friendly peeps, and loads of v dubs :hangloose
I love the Chief and may well try and pop down on Sunday ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts