Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went away to Biggar and had the best time, was really really good to get away. Came back and decided to logon and see if anyone had posted any pictures since I couldn't find my camera before I left. Switched on the laptop and what happened nothing, not a bloody thing. I've had to reset it to factory settings which means I've lost all my music, pictures, bookmarked threads, programs everything. Both my flat mates say oh it's been working fine this weekend !!!!!!!!11 It was bloody fine when I left it. Think I might have to start keeping it in my room !!!!!!!

G

·
buggingyou said:
Switched on the laptop and what happened nothing, not a bloody thing. I've had to reset it to factory settings
Not much help to you now but in case anyone esle comes across this problem in the future you don't always necessarily have to wipe the machine to get it working again.

If the machine's not booting, one of the first things I do these days is to boot up using Knoppix (other flavours of "live CD" available. Knoppix can read Windows partitions (fat and NTFS) so at the least you can get your work etc copied off onto a USB hard disk.

After that you can usually play around with the Windows install knowing that your essential data has been saved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts