Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son was missing for 2 and a half hours tonight!!

my eldest son connor has been allowed to go out to play with his friend chance since they went back to school this term. he is nine and a half but only in 6-7 year old clothes as he is quite small for his age. i have been worrying about letting him out to 'roam' the streets for a while but knew i had to let him go soon or he would be left out amongst his friends and eventually picked on for being a mummies boy!! well anyway as i said since the start of this term i have been letting him walk to and from school and go out to play after school. he hasnt had a set time everyday to come home, i have been deciding the allowed time everyday according to what the rest of the family are doing. today his time to be in was 5pm as we were planning on going out. in the end we decided not to go out, i just went to tesco and did a bit of shopping instead. well before i knew it it was 6pm and connor wasnt home. i gave him the benefit of the doubt as he might have, like me, lost track of time. so we all sat down to eat dinner and when we had all finished there was still no sign of connor. i rang his friends mum, she said chance was supposed to be in at 6.30 too. so off i went scouring the streets for them, no sign, so panicking i phoned the police. paul (o/h - dad) and his mate went out on their push bikes over the back fields shouting for them but no sign still. then i got a call from chances mum saying they had turned up there. went and collected him (didnt shout) put him in the car, took him home, minutes later the police turned up. they very kindly waited for connor to get cleaned up in the shower and then tried to have a chat with him about why it was so dangerous to be out that late. he was crying his eyes out and just kept saying 'im soooo grounded', but i havent grounded him i think he can see what he has done and lernt his lesson the hard way.

anyway i need to chill out now as im still shaking and heart pounding, so im gonna try to chill and start reading my new book dan browns - angels and demons. ive just finished the da vinci code, bloody good book!! can wait for the film to come out on dvd!!

thanks for listening

nykxx

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
I'm already dreading this situation, and my boy's only 18 months! At least with his friends name you have the perfect answer to 'Can I go and see my friend?'.....

'No CHANCE!

...see what I did there?! :)

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funny you should say that the other day they had been bickering all day and then asked if chance could stay the night.. guess what i unwittingly said!!!

'youve got no chance of that happening'

this is not a happy time to be bringing kids up. my other problem is do i give him a mobile phone so i can keep in touch or do i not give him something that will probably get him mugged!! i think i might just go by the cheepest uglyest phone i can find and then he wont want to show it to anyone and will only use it in an emergency. i wish a phone co' would make it so you could just top up say £1 at a time then the phone would be there for emergencies and not much use to anyone else. i think ill just put 0800 reverse (0800 7383773), the local police number, and my mobile in the phone book and not put any credit in it. grrrrr to this world!!!

nykxx

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
you can get trackers that go on your kids mobiles (linked to the number or the handset i think) and you get them in toys r us. your kid has to give consent that you can do this, but seeing as he's not a hormonal 'i hate you all' teenager he probably won't be bothered. not sure how it works but i saw it and thought it was genius.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
A woman rang police the other week to report her son missing. The son is aged 3. Officers, and sergeants, and police dogs headed over to her house.. the helicopter was notified ...

A few minutes later she rang the police back to tell them that she'd found her son.. in the dog basket, with the dog, underneath the stairs :lol:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
You must have been so worried, My eldest 2 girls are 9 & 8 & I am petrified about them going out to play, I let them go for a walk together in the hols (I live in a small quiet village) I knew how long it should take to walk there & back, but they were a little longer so I went looking, they were on the way back but had stopped to look at some flowers.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I haven't got kids but I do remember going walkabout when I was a youngster. I really couldn't understand why my parents got so upset, you just don't realise at that age.

Sounds like you're teaching him in a very level headed way. :)

Oh, and have something a bit stronger than choccy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts