Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boo hoo!! I've just had a call from M/A/D who's just driven down to Somerset to drop his little boy off. Apparently there's a serious knocking noise coming from the engine of the beetle, and the engine is about to go. He's in the pub downing a few pints, waiting for the AA to turn up. They say it could take two hours to arrive!

Anyway, the point of this post is: does anyone know of a 1300, 1500 or 1600 twin port engine that's available?

I'm really upset :( This is the last thing we need at the mo. Grrr!!!!!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, fortunately, he had already dropped his son off.

The ex has been pestering him to buy her a new car - she'll be lucky! He won't even be able to see his son if we don't get ours fixed asap.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
at least they are both ok :) hope you get something sorted soon :hug: if my ex asked me for a car she could kiss this :moon:

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
[[cbr*faerie]] said:
No, fortunately, he had already dropped his son off.

The ex has been pestering him to buy her a new car - she'll be lucky! He won't even be able to see his son if we don't get ours fixed asap.
I had the pleasure of meeting little Tyler yesterday. What an outstanding kid. :)

I'm sure you'll sort an engine out pretty easily. ;)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I'm 8 minutes away. I dont have an engine (well I kinda do, but its at Impys and he's on holiday til next Saturday). If he needs a bed for the night/ tools/ cup of tea etc let me know. :hangloose

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
polly said:
Back at ya! Thanks for the offer of the 1600 but as much as this engine would be great for the beetle, we unfortunately can't stretch to a super-duper one :(

We're just looking for a bog standard, basic engine to tide us over.

If anyone else knows anything, then please let us know. :)

·
Registered
15,612 Posts
[[cbr*faerie]] said:
Back at ya! Thanks for the offer of the 1600 but as much as this engine would be great for the beetle, we unfortunately can't stretch to a super-duper one :(

We're just looking for a bog standard, basic engine to tide us over.

If anyone else knows anything, then please let us know. :)
no worries babe, wish I had something else for you :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts