Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where mine would be on my '69 1300 beetle?
Cant seem to see anything if its meant to be there!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
If it's a stock 1969 engine, it's inside the fan housing, roughly about where the coil is bolted on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You've got probs if you can see it!

Look at the engine with the deck lid open. See the fanshroud ( vertical tinware with the dynamo/alternator bolted to one side of it.)

It's in there to left of centre. Stands upright and almost reaches the top of the fanshroud inside.

On a later car it is fatter than the fanshroud so the fanshroud has a sort of "extension" at the back. this is known as a "doghouse"

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it, it is inside the fan shroud with an air scoop under the engine... I was looking for one externally - no wonder I couldnt find one was beginning to worry. lol.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
JuiceBug said:
Found it, it is inside the fan shroud with an air scoop under the engine... I was looking for one externally - no wonder I couldnt find one was beginning to worry. lol.
There should not be any 'air scoop' under the engine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well okay not a scoop as such but there is some sort of ventilation passage into the area of the oil cooler...

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
if you look down the back of the engine from inside the engine compartment are you talkign about something that looks a bit like this...

it doesnt scoop air, its the hot air outlet from the oil cooler to keep the hot air out of the sealed engine compartment, this style of oil cooler arrangement is known as a doghouse cooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts