Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just dropped the engine oil on my 1600 Beetle and have come across this filter that none of the online VW Parts dealers seem to stock.

Can anyone identify it please?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Yep seen them before i think they are made BY CB, i will double check

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Had a look on CB and they dont seem to have them like yours but they do have a deep sump with it built in bud

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Kingfisher kustoms may have a filter in stock. They're a bad idea though. Sucking through a filter isn't as good as blowing through one.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Forgot to say... I'm glad you're using gloves! Carry on and you may live long and prosper.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Couldnt find that on their site only the deep sump with it, as said its not good to suck through

·
Highly Respected Member
13,557 Posts
I had one of those, it's a Honda CX500 oil filter, readily available at any bike shop, but don't go to a Honda agent, they'll think of a number and triple it.

And yes, it's a CB mini filter sump. They do have a spring loaded bypass valve in case the filter gets blocked.

Had one for years on my old 1300 SP and many many miles, with no bother. I wouldn't use one on a big motor though, as MG says, much better to have a pressurised filter.

Dave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts