Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to sign up for a new ebay account as they won't reinstate my old one. spent ages listing the bloody car in their new and 'improved' system.

1 hour later they have removed the bloody listing because i used the words "don't be afraid to make an offer".

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
Volks-Widow said:
I just had to sign up for a new ebay account as they won't reinstate my old one. spent ages listing the bloody car in their new and 'improved' system.

1 hour later they have removed the bloody listing because i used the words "don't be afraid to make an offer".

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
same just happened to me...

bunch of cunts.

7 years without a negative feedback or problem and they just pull it without even warning... Not even a chance to edit it or copy the text.

Fucking wankers. more interested in taking fees from scammers than helping genuine sellers.

Ive defended ebay as a business in the past, but theyre going too far in the wrong direction.

"circumventing fees" my arse.

Cunts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well why don't they suspend the listing and give you a chance to change it. its gone, now i gotta go through and do it all again. Not even my bloody car. i might go through and find all the pirate dvd's and cd's and report them eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
yeah, how fucking unreasonable, enforcing their own rules! fucking diabolical liberty i call it.
my listing said

"DONT EMAIL ME ASKING HOW MUCH I WANT FOR IT. IF YOURE THAT INTERESTED YOU'LL MAKE AN OFFER"

I even said I would relist with a BUY-IT-NOW if a good offer was made...

I dont care that they ended it. If they believe that is against their rules, but to not give people chance to edit a listing or relist without the offensive wording is fucking shite.

Maybe if it was the 3rd time i'd done it or something....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
Volks-Widow said:
well why don't they suspend the listing and give you a chance to change it. its gone, now i gotta go through and do it all again. Not even my bloody car. i might go through and find all the pirate dvd's and cd's and report them eh?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
dont do that ,thats my crimbo money savings ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Volks-Widow said:
well why don't they suspend the listing and give you a chance to change it. its gone, now i gotta go through and do it all again. Not even my bloody car. i might go through and find all the pirate dvd's and cd's and report them eh?
Yeah, go fer your guns! saves the poor bastards at FACT having to do it....

They don't suspend it as it's far easier to just delete it......

Try making sure you don't break the rules with the next one eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
Volks-Widow said:
well why don't they suspend the listing and give you a chance to change it. its gone, now i gotta go through and do it all again. Not even my bloody car. i might go through and find all the pirate dvd's and cd's and report them eh?
oh but thats legal, and theyre getting their % from it so they dont care.

Ive paid over £2000 in ebay fees in the last 2 years. and they have the cheek to accuse me of trying to con them out of a few quid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well maybe if they scan the who text while i'm typing a little box would pop up saying "ooooh your grammar is terrible, didn't you go to school?? oh by the way you are using and illegal sentance right there so go in and change it now instead of wasting your time"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
Yeah, go fer your guns! saves the poor bastards at FACT having to do it....

They don't suspend it as it's far easier to just delete it......

Try making sure you don't break the rules with the next one eh?
so you telling me the person at FACT actually does that???
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Volks-Widow said:
so you telling me the person at FACT actually does that???
I'd imagine so.

We have an 'About us' page that tells people the company policy on Intellectual Property, and we remove anything that infringes that with an automatic tool that Ebay provides to Copyright owners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
my user name got hyjacked last crimbo ,b4 i knew i was sellin buy now drumkits ,vid cameras ,didgi cams ,all top gear if i had to sell ,there was about 30 goods i contacted ebay as soon as ,
anyway as much as i was deletin & ending they were re listings ,so i hijacked my own username n chainged my wording by putting in big wording this fucking bastard has hyjacked my user name he a cunt fucker bla bla bla
i got a very shitty email putting me on a warning & that they have canceled the listings of swearing ??? not that this guy was roaging money ??
how shit so i went through the whole lot & put as much as poss obseen on the listings that they supended me
yeppee
now i have at least 2 user names
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
I'd imagine so.

We have an 'About us' page that tells people the company policy on Intellectual Property, and we remove anything that infringes that with an automatic tool that Ebay provides to Copyright owners.
so all those people who list dvd's "without the case or inlay to save on postage" are genuine then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
Volks-Widow said:
so you telling me the person at FACT actually does that???
no, and nor are they interested in people selling pirated DVDs and Software on ebay. I know, ive reported people in the past.

Anyway, if I really didnt want to pay the seller fees I would just do like all the dodgy traders and put a phone number and very little info in the ad. better still, list it as a "classified ad" cos you dont pay a fee on the sale price, just the standard £6 listing fee.

Like I said, ive defended ebay in the past, but punishing loyal, honest sellers with an unblemished 7 year record in the same way they would a repeat offender is bad customer service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pornking said:
my user name got hyjacked last crimbo ,b4 i knew i was sellin buy now drumkits ,vid cameras ,didgi cams ,all top gear if i had to sell ,there was about 30 goods i contacted ebay as soon as ,
anyway as much as i was deletin & ending they were re listings ,so i hijacked my own username n chainged my wording by putting in big wording this fucking bastard has hyjacked my user name he a cunt fucker bla bla bla
i got a very shitty email putting me on a warning & that they have canceled the listings of swearing ??? not that this guy was roaging money ??
how shit so i went through the whole lot & put as much as poss obseen on the listings that they supended me
yeppee
now i have at least 2 user names
yep and like a mug i paid the £7 i owed them and still i didn't get let back in the gang.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've calmed down slightly. probably flare back up again when my dad repeatedly asks how many people have bidded on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bless em. I just got my "Welcome ebay seller!" e-mail, and my listing confirmation. Funny how they all turn up in reverse.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,292 Posts
Should close the whole thing down if you ask me. Seems OK for scammers to make money or people to lie about what they're selling. I got ripped off big time and all they said was here's a fraction of what you lost, oh well case closed :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'd never trade through the place anyway, far too non professional!!

OP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
Dont take this the wrong way.
Its posted with tounge well planted in cheek

But what I did when I sold my Golf was list it and was totally honest about the shopping trolley dents and everything.
Plus all the work I,d had done.

I put a phone number up for "questions" within 3 days I had a guy from Derbyshire wanting to look at it.
He looked,liked,handed over cash and drove away.

I withdrew the item and closed the auction due to "changes in item description" only payed insertion fee,which was only a little higher than say,Autotrader.

Lesson...dont be too honest in your dealings with ebay.


RALPH.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top