1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Niiiice.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sorry, I may be being a bit thick here, but why is the channel called "DAVE" ?

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
wouldn't it be great to see air-cooled veedubs racing like that......

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Some nice metal on this show.
Is it the same club that is organising the races that the beetles will be competing in this year?
Its organised by the Top Hat race group, they run a few championships in the UK and the Masters in Europe;) I watched it at 1pm today, great racing:D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
just seen this- recorded it earlier. saw quite a few of those cars at goodwood last year- the noise is awesome in the flesh, tv no way does it justice. has to be said they all seem a bit boaty judging by the in car shots!

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
what a great programme. stumbled across it by fluke but was addictive viewing. Did you see all the porsches in there too?
You mean the Protypes lining up ready for their warm up lap as the Aston came in at the end?
I roared with laughter when I saw that - Imagine driving into your pit lane to be confronted by a never ending line of 956, Lancia-Ferrrair and stuff - all seemingly twice as wide as your car!! :lol:

As above I was there all weekend (thanks to Monkey for suggesting it) and it was outstanding. Two Group C races with all those 956 - common a smuck - hey you see one 956 and another 40+ come along at the same time - and dusk racing in the rain with the headlights on. Chevrons mixing it with GT40 and T70 and stuff - sublime.

It is a must go this year for me - sod Goodwood I want to see people really sticking it to their mottas.

32,416 Posts
wouldn't it be great to see air-cooled veedubs racing like that......
Honestly?

No.

I'd rather watch the Jags, Astons, Corvettes and Porsche's going at it.

I've seen the Fun Cup boys with the Audi Powered Spaceframe beetles, and it looked rather slow and dull.

Classic Formula Vee might look quite cool, but on a twistier and tighter track than Silverstone or Rockingham.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts